Chapter 21

B̺͆E̺͆T̺͆H̺͆A̺͆N̺͆Y̺͆

I sigh as I hug my knees tighter. I'm currently curled up in a ball in Harry's bed. At first my mother's words didn't hurt, but now after they sunk in, it's so hard to forget them. They are engraved in my mind like a tattoo.

'You are not my daughter!'

Why would she say that? Just because I wouldn't go marry someone? I don't understand, was everything she ever did a lie? The Campo family is wealthy, my mom and I weren't on a good economic position. Maybe she wanted me to marry him for money? Was this all for money?

"Beth?" Harry asks as he takes a seat on the edge of the huge bed.

I stutter a sigh, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Ignore what she said." He says as he tries to get at eye level with me.

"Come on Beth give me that beautiful smile of yours." He says wiping my tears with his thumb.

"I hate seeing you like this." He says sadly.

He caresses my cheek as I put my hand over his.

"She never loved me.." I say weakly.

"Beth she was just angry she's your mom of course she loves you."

"What if it was just for money Harry?" I say closing my eyes.

"It's not, let's just forget about it. We are together now aren't we?"

I look into those beautiful green eyes of his. Mine are greenish more like brownish. His are perfect in every single way.

"Yes we are." I say with a small smile.

"I've missed that smile so much." He says before laying beside me.

"Is your aunt okay with this?" I ask him.

"Yea, she likes your company." He says with a smile.

***

H̺͆A̺͆R̺͆R̺͆Y̺͆

It's sad to see such a happy, beautiful girl broken. She looks weak, destroyed. All because of those five harsh words her mother threw at her. Her dad left her and now her mom does this? I can't believe such an angel like Beth comes from.. that.

"Wanna go somewhere?" I ask her.

"I wanna be with you." She says, her voice cracking.

"Do you want water?" I ask her.

She nods slowly and I go downstairs. My aunt enters the kitchen as I pour water into the once empty glass.

"How is she?" She asks.

"Sad, devastated.. broken." I answer.

"What her mother said was awful." She says as she takes a seat on the table.

"I know, I'm trying to get it off her mind for a while." I say before I sigh.

"Want some advice?" She asks.

"Yea."

"Take her to Paris."

"What?"

I turn around to see her holding up two plane tickets.

"You two need a chill pill. Where can we get it? Paris." She says as she puts the tickets on my hands.

"Woah, thank you aunt!" I say hugging her tightly.

"Anytime, now go cheer up your girl." She says as I go upstairs.

I enter the silent room and hand Beth the water. She drinks it slowly as I take a seat beside her.