Chapter 5

B̺͆E̺͆T̺͆H̺͆A̺͆N̺͆Y̺͆

"What did my mom show you?" I ask embarrassed as he starts driving.

"Well you were a cute baby." He says making me turn red.

He laughs and I roll my eyes.

"I was a really fat baby." I say looking at the beautiful night sky blanketing the city.

"Look at you now though. Intelligent, nice, and beautiful." He says making me blush.

"You think that about me?" I ask him shocked.

"Yea, every time I see you." He says.

Harry does have feelings for me. I thought this was a dare or something. I can't believe he likes me I'm literally throwing a party inside.

"Here we are." He says.

I look outside to see 'Bone's Restaurant'. Harry has a good taste in food. He opens the door for me and we grab hands as we walk into the beautiful restaurant. We take a seat at the small table and a blonde waitress comes over.

"May I take your order handsome?" She asks, leaning her elbows on the table.

My anger is boiling at that woman. I'm jealous I must admit, I shouldn't be. He isn't mine.

"Bethany what do you wanna eat?" Harry asks me.

"Oh, she's with you?" The blonde says in disgust.

"She's my girlfriend and if you're gonna treat her like that I suggest you get another waiter to help us here." Harry snaps.

My heart starts to pound. He called me his girlfriend? I am shocked as the blonde leaves and an older aged man comes to us.

"Sorry about her, she's new. What would you like?" He asks.

We order our food and I look back at Harry.

"Girlfriend?" I say smirking, making him turn red.

"Yea." He says trailing off.

"It's ok I-"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He blurts.

Again, that was unexpected. My jaw falls to the floor.

***

H̺͆A̺͆R̺͆R̺͆Y̺͆

Her jaw falls and I feel the urge to grab it for her.

"Me?" She asks.

"Yea, Beth. I know we only know each other for about a week, but this week has been the best week of my life because you came. I have strong feelings for you and I want you to be mine. Bethany Rossetti please be my girlfriend I'll try my best to be the man of your dreams I promise."

All those words came from my heart. I actually mean it. I want her to be mine I love her.

"Yes!" She says smiling.

I smile widely and take her small hand in mine. I kiss her hand and she smiles. Our food arrives and we start to eat. From the corner of my eye I see Louis entering with Vanessa. I mentally groan when he sees us.

"Harry! Mate!" He says coming over to us.

"Hey." I say.

"You left me for this? You need glasses Harold." She huffs in annoyance.

I look to see Bethany sinking in her seat.

"Don't call her that she's amazing and beautiful and I love her." I snap.

"You together?" Louis asks.

"Uh.." I say, rubbing the back of my neck.

Am I embarrassed about this? It's a wrong feeling.

"No." I say quietly.

What is wrong with me?

"Oh well see you around." Louis says and leaves.

I sigh in relief and look across to see Bethany gone. Guilt and panic rushes over me. I shouldn't have said that, she just left and doesn't have a ride.

"No no no." I say as I pay the food and leave the restaurant.

Rain is pouring down as I try my best to see if Beth is nearby. I'm messed up how could I say that?

***

B̺͆E̺͆T̺͆H̺͆A̺͆N̺͆Y̺͆

My tears roll down my cheeks with the rain drops as I walk into a nearby park. I'm lost, I don't know the way home. I left because I thought he loved me, I thought he meant it. He was embarrassed of our relationship how could he? It was going so well. I sit under a tree and bring my knees up to my chest. I start sobbing and I bury my head in my wet arms. Lighting strikes making the ground shake. I cry harder and hug my legs tightly.

~flashback~

I leave my room. I go to downstairs to see mommy and daddy fighting.

"You forgot her sixth birthday yesterday! How could you!" Mommy shouts.

"I forgot okay! I'm a human!" He shouts back.

Lighting strikes for the second time. I'm scared. My parents don't notice my presence and I go back upstairs. Lighting strikes again and I sit on my bed, I bring my knees up to my chest and cry.

~end of flashback~

"Beth! Beth please answer are you there?" I hear Harry shouting.

I hug my knees harder and keep crying. I hear fast footsteps coming towards me.

"Beth!" Harry sighs in relief, hugging my cold, wet body.

"I'm so sorry baby it won't happen again I'll tell them we are together, a thousand times if you want." He says.

"It's ok." I sniff.

"Beth it's not okay I messed up." He says sighing.

"I ruined our first date."

"No you didn't." I say, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He looks up to me with glossy eyes.

"It's been the best night of my life actually." I tell him with a small smile.

"I love you so much." He says hugging me tightly.

I hug back and he pulls away and cups my face with his hands. He leans in and our lips meet. Everything bad, everything cruel, dissolved for that one moment. Lighting flashed across the night sky but I didn't care. I felt safe in Harry's arms.