Chapter 15

B̺͆E̺͆T̺͆H̺͆A̺͆N̺͆Y̺͆

"Harry said he has feelings for me, he's thinking about dumping you, I decided to tell you because you're my friend." Emily says, her makeup smeared.

My heart just shattered.

"Let's go to his place and talk it out okay?" She says and I nod, I can't talk right now.

She leaves and Harry comes up to me.

"Don't talk to me Harry, we'll talk about this at your place today." I say walking away.

I put the ring in its box. When I'm one hundred percent sure I'll use it.

***

"Okay I'll go to the bathroom and I'll be back." I say when we enter Harry's place.

***

E̺͆M̺͆I̺͆L̺͆Y̺͆

This is going too easy.

"Hey Harry." I say and look at him.

He looks, worried, broken. He needs a kiss, my kiss.

"Hey." He says, his voice cracked.

"Well it's such a shame your relationship is falling apart, considering me yet?" I ask him.

"What? Did you do this?" Harry asks.

I nod and grab his wrist. I put him on top of me and kiss him, he struggles and I wait for Bethany to come down. She comes downstairs and sees us, I start pushing him off of me.

"He did it! He kissed me!" I say 'crying'.

"What? No!" Harry says angrily.

***

B̺͆E̺͆T̺͆H̺͆A̺͆N̺͆Y̺͆

This is it.

"Harry how could you!" I shout.

Thank God his aunt is on a business trip.

"Beth it was Emily I swear!" Harry says.

Emily is crying in the couch.

"I'm so done Harry." I say shoving him the box with the ring.

"Propose to her if you'd like, don't even think about inviting me." I say walking outside.

"Bethany no!" Harry says grabbing my wrist.

I turn around and slap him hard.

"No Harry. You like her, get her." I say and keep walking.

"Beth listen to me please." Harry begs, choking on his tears.

"No Harry! I saw it you were on top of her!" I say, tears running down my cheeks.

"Who will you believe? Your fiancé or the girl you've only known for two days?" I tell her.

"Ex-fiancé." I correct making him sob and run a hand through his hair.

"No Beth don't leave me." He begs.

"You cheated on me! What do you expect? For everything to be alright?!" I say waving my hands in the air.

"It wasn't me!" He says.

I laugh.

"Yea right." I snap and get in my car.

"Beth wait please!" Harry calls, but I'm gone.

I'm gone and I'm not coming back, oh hell no.

***

I walk to my locker the next day, Harry is not in sight which is good. I'm broken.

"Hey Beth!" Louis says smiling.

I give him a small smile and walk to Mathematics. I take a seat and in the middle of class Harry comes in. His curly hair in all directions, red puffy eyes, and all the color is drained from his eyes.

"Sorry for being late." His voice cracks.

He looks at me with pleading eyes but I look away. I can't, no matter how much my heart wants to.

"It's okay looks like you've had some difficult issue." The teacher says as Harry takes a seat.

***

"Beth?" Harry calls at the lockers.

I take a deep breath and keep walking.

"Don't ignore me please." He begs and I just shake my head.

"Damn!" He shouts and hits a locker.

I keep walking, tears falling freely down my cheeks. My head throbbing and my heart broken. I have nothing left. I sigh and go to my next class.

***

H̺͆A̺͆R̺͆R̺͆Y̺͆

It's all thanks to Emily, she ruined it all. She ruined my entire life. I have to do something. Think Harry. I look up at the security camera. Camera.. That's it! The security camera at my place! I rush to my car and drive home.

I go to the computation room and open the recording from yesterday, audio and all has been recorded. I'm about to pass it to CD when a password is required. Sherbet.

"Aunt?" I ask over the phone.

"Yes?"

"Security camera passcode it's an emergency." I tell her.

"Oh it's mockingbird why what's the emergency?"

"I'll tell you later bye." I say hanging up.

I pass the CD and drive to Beth's apartment.