Description

Once upon a time, there were two peaceful people : the dragons and the humans. To have access to the human kingdom's ressource of Moon Stone, there was a treaty made. In the treaty, it stated that the dragons would protect the human kingdom without any human riders.

But man's greed was once again their downfall.

The King wished to have a certain way to control the dragons and use them to conquer other lands through having dragon riders. Such a thing is forbidden by the treaty and no dragon will be ridden.

The King did not care and chose to try to make a dragon submit to his son, the Prince. This plan ultimately fails.

The treaty is broken and the dragons retreat to their homes in the mountains.

Later,

At the base of the mountain which marks the beginning of dragon territory, there is a village. In said village, there is a poor orphaned girl. According to the other villagers, her mother was the village prostitute and her father was unknown.

They use that as an excuse to abuse the poor girl named Valeria. At the tender age of 8, she is running away from her abusers and she crosses the border of the dragons. Her abusers are scared off, but she is lost.

The dragons find her and instead of killing her or dropping her off in human territory, they keep her.

Valeria grows up with dragons, developing the ability to speak mind-to-mind with them. Dragons are magical beings, so being in their presence long has a tendency to make their magic rub off.

Their dragon King treats her as her own. Everyone loves her. She is even accorded the greatest honor of riding them. Valeria doesn't know that it is not normal to ride the dragons for she always had.

But one day, 

the Oracle Dragon has a vision. It is one of mass destruction and a darkness that will cover all the land. To prevent such a thing, the dragons must help the humans fight off the evil.

For Valeria, that means to return to her biological people. But she is now 18 and changed by the dragon's magic.

She must navigate King's Court with its' treacherous pits of deception. She must also deal with the Princes who all claim to be in "love" with her. Valeria is the only one who can fully represent the dragons so she has no choice if she must be there.

Can Valeria stop the evil from spreading throughout the land without losing herself first?

How will the humans handle the return of the dragons?

How will they handle the only dragon rider?