Chapter 19

Logan's POV
The entire house is glum. No one has said anything except "pass the syrup" and "is there any milk left?". No Patton jokes, no sarcastic comments from Roman. No lies from Deceit, I'm still wearing my pyjamas. Not to mention the fact that Thomas has been lying in his bed all day. Things are different, very different and I hate it.
I make an excuse to leave the house. Say I needed to do some studying when really I'm going to the casino. I brought $5000 dollars.
I walk through the clear glass doors with gold frame and take in the scent of cedar and cash. I spot the Slots machine. My favourite.
I haven't been here since... my addiction. I spent all of my savings here and became broke. I mean I am a Sanders side and don't have to worry about taxes but Thomas needs the money too. We help him out with that.
I step up to the slot machine and place my bet, $5 dollars for now.
Lost.
Again.
Lost.
Again.
Won! Hell yeah!
Again.
Lost.
Lost.
Lost.
Won.
I moved to another game, and another. Winning and losing. Mostly losing, but when I won I felt so happy. The most I've ever been the past few days.
At the end of the day I came back with $560 way less than I came here with. Oh well better luck next time.
Patton POV
"Where were you Logan? It's been so long and we were waiting for you!"
"I said I was studying."
"Sure..."
I took my hands out of my pockets to make a glass of water and there it was. My $560 fell out if my pocket.
"Lo. What's this? Why would you have this much money to go studyin-" he paused. A look of horror slowly appearing on his face. "You gambled..." he whispered.
I wanted to make an excuse up but there was no getting out of this. I was screwed.
"YOU WENT TO THE CASINO LOGAN SANDERS DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME?" He shouted, startling Roman who was on the couch binging TV shows saying nothing and interacting with no one.
"I'm....i'm sorry. I should've never gone. I was so stressed out and-" I apologized but I knew he wouldn't accept it.
"I'm not sure whether to accept that or not. I'm furious but I can't blame you. Dammit why do emotions have to be so hard!" He stomped out of the room. I fell onto the couch beside Roman. What did I do.....