Chapter Nine

The video had gone on still for at LEAST 15 minutes until Virgil made this statement-
"Well yeah, Thomas' friends make me feel more ease, but Thomas lying to them would make me more uneasy. And anyone who doesn't understand that should just shut up."
"Woah now," Thomas said.
"Virgil..it's me, aren't we friends" Patton/Deceit asked.
"I'm not too sure we are..." Virgil was suspicious. He knew the dark sides, this had to be one of them... Deceit.

"Thomas! I know this sounds backwards but, sometimes, Lying is good!" Deceit announced.
"Mm, but you said before that-" Roman started.
"I know what I said, it doesn't matter, in this situation it is the right thing to do, period." Patton/Deceit interrupted.
"No Pat, you're wrong on this one." Thomas admitted.
"Yes!" Deceit shouted.
"I think what I need to do is accept the true course of action. If I've made a mistake, it's better for me to own up to it. I'm thankful that you guys helped me through other options because it helped me to arrive to this conclusion," Thomas explained. "And...it might hurt to do that, but, whatever happens, happens."

"Wow, I'm so proud of you Thomas. You're so mature." Deceit was starting to show.
"Thank you?" Thomas was very confused.
"I knew something smelled fishy," Virgil said.
"I smell it too, I told Thomas to take the trash out." Logan added.
"No-It does smell bad but, I was talking about Patton." Virgil responded.
"Ah yes, since he's clearly-" Logan started.
Logan put his hand over his mouth.
"Wha-what's happening?" Thomas panicked.

-Logan's POV-
Deceit. I should have known. I need to save Patton. Where is he now? I can't just leave the video. How long will Deceit have me be quiet?

Narrator POV
"Ooh, I get it now..." Roman said.
"Again, w-what is happening?" Thomas stuttered.
"You have to give us permission." Roman responded.
"There are sides to everyone they would prefer not to know about. But you're the boss Thomas. Any information you want to know, you can know. You just have to be...open to hear it." Virgil stated.
"In other words, would you like to know something new about yourself?" Roman was trying to lighten the mood.
Logan nodded.
"I don't know..."
"Ooh, I don't know either Thomas. You might not like what you find," Deceit laughed.
He didn't care anymore that his real self was showing.
"Fine. Tell me!" Thomas said.
'It's about time' Logan thought.
Logan ripped his hand off his mouth and shouted "DECEIT"
At that moment Deceit revealed himself.