80: No Sanctuary

Negan gave me a dirty, ragged pair of sweatshirts and sweatpants to wear, and threw me inside a freezing, dark cell. I was scared, hurting, and alone. I had no idea where Dad was, but a feeling in my gut told me that we were facing a similar situation. At least he wasn't facing it by himself.

I was left alone in the thoughts of my mind, which was torture enough. All I could think about was everything that had just happened; the events were permanently on repeat in my mind, and I couldn't figure out how to stop it. The pain never disappeared, and I had an awful feeling that it never would.

Although, I knew deep down that my pain was nothing compared to my Dad's.

My dad had hit me; it was a fact. But it was also a fact that he didn't mean it, I knew that. The amount of guilt he must've been feeling from that alone I couldn't imagine. But then, he was told he should be ashamed, and that hitting his daughter was the most god-awful thing he could've ever done, in front of everyone. And, not to mention what happened after.

I couldn't deny the fact that there was a connection between Dad hitting Negan and Negan killing Glenn. But, did I blame Dad for it? No. Not one bit. Because something told me, deep down, that killing one of our people wasn't enough for Negan. He wasn't satisfied, he wasn't getting the look he wanted from us. So, he used Dad's outburst as an excuse for himself, but I believed the cold, hard truth was that he would've killed someone else anyway, regardless of what my dad did.

I prayed that everyone else thought the same thing as I did about the situation, especially Maggie.

Maggie. Oh, God...

I couldn't even begin to imagine what she was going through. In one night, she had lost so much, been through so much. I endlessly hoped that her baby would be okay; if it was, she'd at least have a living piece of Glenn to hold onto. She deserved that, at the very least.

By the time all those thoughts had raced, in and out, of my mind, I had broken down into a mess of sobs. My eyes ached from crying, but I couldn't stop, no matter how hard I tried. All the trauma, all the scenes replaying in my mind, it was getting to me. I was young, I wasn't supposed to have to deal with all that shit. I was supposed to grow up happy, with my dad and Uncle Merle by my side. We were all supposed to be happy together.

The world wasn't supposed to fall apart, and neither was I.

No one was.

I didn't know how long it was before my door creaked open, allowing light to flood into the cell

I didn't know how long it was before my door creaked open, allowing light to flood into the cell. I squinted my eyes, the light being almost blinding, as someone stepped into the room, closing the door behind them.

I looked up, and caught sight of long, black hair; it definitely wasn't Negan, or any of the other Saviors I recognized.

"Remember me, darlin'?"

The voice. I recognized that voice, and even in the darkness, I began to see certain facial features that I remembered.

I swallowed before answering, becoming slightly nervous. "You kidnapped me and my friends... you had Judith, you gave her to me and let me run away, to Terminus..."

I saw him smile in the darkness, and a shiver cascaded down my spine. "That's right."

His smile didn't fade as he came to sit down in front of me. I began to get uncomfortable, and had an urge to scoot backwards.

"Now, I'm really not supposed to be in here, but a guy has to get his revenge somehow, right?"

My heart rate increased.

"So, you can't tell anyone about what's going to happen here, or else it's only gonna get worse for you. Maybe your Dad, too."

"You don't have to do this; Negan's already gotten his revenge, he killed our people," I said, my voice choked.

He laughed darkly, sinisterly. "Honey, I don't want revenge on your people... I want revenge on you."

My breathing hitched, and I wanted to run. I wanted to get up, and bolt out the door as fast as I possibly could. But, I knew that I would never make it; the man had locked the door from the outside before closing it.

"What are you gonna do to me?" I asked him, my voice trembling.

His sinister smile spread into an evil, horrifying grin.

"We're gonna experiment a little bit, sweetheart."

________

Filler chapter, ewww. But, things are about to get a lil sad, lil depressing, but it'll get better! I promise! Just hang on, readers. By the way, be sure to comment and vote if you're enjoying the story, I love hearing feedback of all sorts! Much love to you all ❤️