I love everything about this dress.

Tonight is going to be perfect, Andreas will love this.

I heard the doorbell and I had to keep my excitement at bay to stop myself from rushing to the door.

I opened the door and there he was dressed in a black suit and had two bottoms of his dress shirt open.

He always manages to take my breath away.

He looked up from his phone and I saw his left eye twitch.

He doesn't like the dress...

It's fine.

"Andreas" I faked a smile.
"Julie"
He didn't smile.
He usually does.

I held his arm and we walked out of the apartment to his car.

He opened the passengers seat and I thanked him getting in.

We were going to a family gathering and I was, of course, invited as our families were very close, whenever we went to those things everyone thought we were married already but not yet.

I sometimes like to imagine myself married to Andreas.

We've been dating for about a year now and honestly I fell twice as in love with him than when we had first met.

I saw his hand on the speed gear and placed my hand on his.

I was happy he didn't shake me off especially since he seemed upset.

When we arrived at their home he opened my door and held my hand.

When we walked in we were swarmed with Andreas' relatives and when I saw his parents I pulled him towards them.

I hugged his mom and kissed her on the cheek and I did the same to his dad.

"Juliana! You look stunning!"
"Thank you, you look beautiful as well"
"Andreas when are you going to do both me and Julie a favor and get married already?!"

I blushed and tightened my grip on Andreas arm.

For the first time tonight he smiled and I couldn't help but feel relaxed.

"I think I want to watch this little bird graduate before I can even think to propose"

I know what that sentence means.

Andreas was a few years older than me so he wasn't always with me since we had separate classes and all and here's the thing about him that makes him well...

Him.

He doesn't trust me, doubts my every move.

He's waiting for that little screw up.

But if you compare his pros and cons, he definitely has more pros than cons.

He's funny, sweet, caring and I like simple men, he really is all I can want, not to mention crazy handsome.

The night progressed smoothly and as I was talking to one of his relatives Andreas pulled my arm really tight and dragged me with him.

I felt everyone staring and kept calling out to him but he didn't answer and the next thing I know I feel liquid being poured onto my head.

More specifically wine.

I looked at him, horrified.

The room suddenly felt smaller, I felt like I couldn't breath, everyone's eyes were on me, I looked down to see the carpet stained red, red streaks of wine running down my arms.

"Red doesn't suit you"