I began to feel nervous, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Is Ji... Uh... Is Mr Jimin here already?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes, honey. Now go. They're waiting for you."

I nodded absentmindedly. My mind was busy in overthinking everything.

What if I make a mistake?

What if I slip on the floor in front of everyone?

What if they hate me?

I shook my head.

Why do you care, Eun Hee?

I didn't care. It wasn't like I was Jimin's real fiancée. I was just a girl pretending to be Jimin's fiancée. Nothing more. After deciding ㅡ or more like deluding myself ㅡ that I didn't care about what his parents thought about me, I took a deep breath and put my hand on the door handle, opening it slowly.

It was a grand space, to say the least. The walls were soft beige coloured with swirly patterns of gold. The huge mahogany table took up most of the vast space the highly lit room offered, covered with a tablecloth saving the perfectly varnished shine. Two tall, golden candelabras commanded attention from the center of the table, holding smooth white candles whose wax probably never dripped down on the table. The candles, however, were not burning.

The sound of my heels clicking as I entered made everyone look up from whatever they were doing. Their gazes shifted towards me, making me feel nervous and anxious.

Mrs Park's gaze was sharp. It seemed like she was judging me yet again, just like she did yesterday night. I looked away from her gaze and focused on Jimin; the only person I knew here and felt somewhat comfortable with.

His gaze, however, was a different case altogether. His eyes were dark and hooded as they fell upon me. The way his gaze swept from my head to my toe made me feel nervous and excited at the same time. He licked his lips, his eyes still trained on me as I walked towards the seat next to him, his eyes never leaving mine, causing my heart beat to accelerate.

Reluctantly, I broke the eye contact and gave his parents a polite smile, to which only Jimin's father returned the polite gesture. His mother just gave me an uninterested look and looked down at the food in front of her. I sat down on the seat next to Jimin's.

"I'm sorry for being late. I got lost," I said, a sheepish smile on my face.

Mr Park let out a chuckle. "It's fine. Shall we start the breakfast?"

"Sure," I said.

There were so many dishes on the table just for breakfast. Pancakes, toasts, omelettes, sandwiches, juices. It was definitely a breakfast for more than us four.

Without any further ado, everyone dug in.

As I took a bite of the delicious pancakes, I felt Jimin's hand rest on my thigh. I stiffened. His hand was warm, making my skin tingle. With a lot of difficulty, I gulped down orange juice to make the food that seemed to be stuck in my throat, move down.

I put my hand on his and tried to remove his hand from my thigh. He only tightened his hand, making me let out a yelp.

His parents looked up. A blush coated my cheeks.