Chapter Twenty ~ A Day Out

The next morning Harry is up bright and early. He sneaks out of Josie's bedroom and tries to descend the stairs as quietly as possible, once downstairs he puts on his coat, scarf and hat and walks to the bakery to buy pastries for breakfast.

While he walks he thinks back on the past month and he can't hold back a smile.
Since he and Josie rekindled their relationship, he has spent a lot of time at her house.
Alex and Lou are amazing kids, they always behave well and are kind. Of course sometimes they are in a bad mood or act like brats but no one is always happy and kids should misbehave every now and then, it's part of growing up. He also tries to put his boundaries in place, he will always be good to them but they have to listen and behave and the kids know that and Josie says they accept him more for it.
Harry makes sure he spends enough time with the kids, together and apart. They play games, he helps them with their homework, he plays video games with Alex or they make music. With Lou he especially likes to craft, the girl is so creative and has the biggest imagination. It wouldn't surprise Harry if she were to go into something artsy when she grows up.
Lou is really okay now with Josie's and Harry's relationship and she really opened up to Harry. They talked about having divorced parents, she asked advice in a fight with a friend, she prefers his help above Josie's when she has to read or do herhomework. It makes Harry proud.
He is at Josie's house a lot but he tries to make sure the kids have enough time with their mother without him as well, but often when he says he won't come that evening, one of the kids calls him to ask him over because they are missing him. It warms Harry's heart every time.

When he comes back at the house he sets the breakfast table, chops some fresh fruits, makes coffee and puts orange juice on the table before he goes upstairs to wake everyone.

When he goes into Josie's room, she is still sleeping with a big smile on her face. He lays down next to her, nuzzles his face in her neck and starts to leave little kisses on her skin. Josie stirs but keeps her eyes closed.
"Good morning, flower girl. Time to wake up, breakfast is ready." Harry whispers in her ear before he takes her ear lobe in his mouth and starts to nibble. When a moan leaves Josie's mouth Harry smirks and rips the sheet off of Josie's naked body, her eyes pop open and she squeaks, while a laughing harry leaves the room, Josie tries to cover her naked body.

Before he can open the door of Lou's bedroom the girl comes out.
"Good Morning, Miss. Look at you, all dressed and ready for the day. It's going to be a good one." Harry smiles at the enthusiastic girl.

"Good Morning, Harry. I'm ready for it so tell me what we're going to do?" Harry smiles at Lou's curiosity.

"We are going to have breakfast and after you'll see!" Harry smirks at the girl's scowling face.

"I'm going to wake up your brother, see you at the kitchen table in five minutes." Harry says before he enters Alex room and immediately opens the curtains.

"Rise and shine mister. You can't leave me alone today with those crazy woman. Get up so we can have breakfast." Alex was already woken up by all the noises around the house, he smiles brightly at Harry, loving how funny and goofy his mother's boyfriend can be. 

After a pleasant breakfast they all leave the table with full bellies. Harry still doesn't tell them where they are going but sends them upstairs to get ready and pack bag with two big towels, a little one and swimsuits while he cleans up the breakfast table. His bag is ready and he has shower supplies for everyone so they don't have to think about that, the kids would probably forget anyway.

When they all are back downstairs and ready to go they leave in Harry's black Range Rover because it is bigger than Josie's. During the two hour long drive they listen and sing along to the music on the radio, play some car games and talk about everything and anything, they all are in a great mood.