Chapter Six ~ Lilies Of The Valley

Harry is over the moon after his lunch with Josie, he really is so crazy for her. He has never really met someone who truly understands him. For example when he tells people that he sends an email to himself at night with things he has to do the next day, they say he is a control freak and when he talks about how important it is to him to eat healthily and have regular workout sessions even when he is on a holiday, they laugh and say he is a health freak, when he tells them he became a physiotherapist to please his father, he is a people pleaser, but Josie understands it all.
For Harry she really is an extraordinary woman and even though they haven't know each other long, he hopes they have a future together.

After their lunch Josie has a busy day, first at the shop then at home with the kids. She has to help Alex with his maths homework, Lou's reading needs some extra attention and after some hard work the kids deserve a treat so they play a boardgame.

When the kids are finally in bed Josie does what she has been looking forward to all day, she looks at her calendar and calls her regular babysitter to ask when she is free, than she calls Harry. They agree to go out on a date on Wednesday and after that they talk and laugh on the phone for an hour. When Josie lays in bed that night and thinks about Harry, the way he makes her feel, she realises she has never felt like this before, not even with her ex-husband. After her divorce she never thought she would meet someone and be happy with that person. She thought it would just be her and the kids, but now if she thinks about her family in ten years, she thinks Harry will be in it.

Tuesday goes to slowly for both Harry and Josie, they both are really looking forward to seeing each other again. They text back and forth all day and at night they talk on the phone again. There is not a moment of silence between them, they always have something to say to each other. They feel like they have known each other for years and are comfortable with each other.

"Mummy, my tummy aches" Alex complains Wednesday morning when they are eating breakfast. Josie feels his head, he has no fever but he does look a bit pale. Alex often has performance anxiety and Josie thinks his tummy ache has something to do with the maths test he has at school today.

"Eat a bit of your sandwich, sweetie. You're probably nervous for your test but you studied hard, I questioned you last night and you were perfect. Believe in yourself, I believe in you, you can to it and if you fail, that's okay. You did your best." Josie tries to give her son a little pep talk.

The kids go to school and Josie goes to the shop, she has a mountain of administration to get through today. Josie loves being her own boss, to make flower pieces, make people smile with something little and simple but the administration part she doesn't really like very much. She tries to not let it pile up so one day a week, usually on Wednesdays she sits in her office doing administration while Katherine takes care of the shop.

Today she is trying to get through some taxes when the phone rings.
"Hello, this is Josie," she immediately answers when she sees the number of the school on the screen.
"Hi Josie, this is headmistress Clark. I'm calling to ask if it is possible to come get Alex? He is complaining about pain in his stomach, had to vomit and has a little fever." fuck Josie thinks, guilt immediately washes over her.
"Yes of course. He was complaining about his stomach this morning but I thought it was just nerves for his test and he didn't had a fever so I let him come to school." She explains
"Yes I understand. His teacher, Miss Wills thought the same when he was complaining about it before the test but during recess he normally always plays soccer. Today he sat on the side holding his stomach, when Miss Wills saw it she took him to the nurse but before they arrived at the nurse he already lost his stomach content and the nurse said he has a fever."
"Poor boy, I will be there within fifteen minutes to collect him. Thank you for calling me, headmistress Clark."