Chapter 20

Demi POV

When I wake up, there is water on the nightstand and a fresh pair of clothes on a chair next to the bed.

I sit up slowly and look around. That's when I notice the tray of grilled cheese and soup sitting on the nightstand as well.

"You're awake," Sam walks into the room while I am eating and I look at her with guilt flooding throughout me.

"Sam I-" "I kept this from Quinn because I thought you'd be okay...I was so wrong. I am sorry for not helping you when you needed it."

Her eyes are red and bloodshot, which breaks my heart. I shake my head furiously and feel my own tears building.

"No. I lied to you, I manipulated you. I am so sorry. I just...The drugs...I just loved them...I do love them."

"You love the drugs?" Quinn leans against the doorframe, arms crossed over her chest while her eyebrows are raised up high.

Her eyes are demeaning and angered. I can see something in her hand but I don't dare ask because she looks like an angry mother who just caught her kid looking at porn.

"Sam, can you leave Demetria and I alone please?"

Sam nods and pats my leg, "I love you."

She leaves and the blue eyed girl closes the door and hands me what she was holding.

I read the paper and it says Timberline Knolls: FOR WOMEN AND ADOLESCENT GIRLS WITH EATING DISORDERS, ADDICTIONS, MOOD DISORDERS, & TRAUMA.

I tilt my head in confusion until it hits.

"No. Quinn I can't-" "You're going. You need help."

"Quinn I am fine."

"Really? Then why did you raid my cabinets and attack me?"

I roll my eyes and sit up more, that's when I notice Quinn's hand. It's bloody and bruised.

"What the hell happened to your hand?"

She looks down at it and wipes some blood on her pants, "Nothing."

"Quinn."

"Let's just say I paid Wilmer a visit."

My heart pounds in my chest and my legs propel up and forward. I grab her face and check all over her frantically while my body shakes.

"You what?! How stupid could you possibly be? Did he hit you? Attack you? Should I call the police? What did he do to you?!"

She grabs me, "Dems stop."

Her hands place themselves on my cheeks and my heart races in my chest at her incredible touch.

Quinn's eyes are soft, a little teary at this point but she shakes her head with a light grin, "I'm okay. I promise. I just...Let's just say he won't be coming around here anytime soon."

Did she kill him? Because if Quinn killed Wilmer I don't know what I would do with that information, what am I supposed to do with that information? Do I call the cops? No. You can't do that to Quinn. She did it for you.

"I didn't kill him Demetria."

She walks to the TV in the room and turns it on, flipping to a news channel where the broadcaster announces that Wilmer is currently in custody.

My heart thuds loudly. So loud, in fact, that I feel it may burst through my chest.

"He's gone. And you need help. It's 30 days, see how you are. If you do well then we go from there."