Chapter 3

Quinn POV

ddlovato: if you didn't want to go why didn't you just say so

ddlovato: that's a real dick move Quinn

ddlovato: i get that you don't like me but to embarrass me all over the news about how I was stood up and left at a damned coffee shop for over an hour?

ddlovato: that's real fucked up Brooks

I sigh, closing my phone as I watch the TV, talking about how "big hit superstar Demi Lovato was stood up on a coffee date".

Okay I admit that it was a bad idea and it was definitely not nice but come on! How funny is that!

"Stop laughing Quinn it's not funny. You totally embarrassed her!" Sam slaps the back of my head, making me grunt in response and attempt at defending myself.

"You don't think it's even the slightest bit funny that Demi Lovato was sitting in a coffee shop alone for an hour?" I try to contain a laugh but my body fails me and the laughs come out, making Sam get even more angry.

"No Quinn. I do not find a girl sitting alone in a coffee shop for over an hour funny. What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously Q, have a damned heart."

Demi POV

"Are you okay?" Marissa, my best friends, asks me as I click through the next tabloid. I stare at the pictures of me, then a video of me leaving, flipping off the paparazzi.

"Fine."

"Dems. We don't lie to each other remember?"

I roll my eyes and look up at Marissa, "I was stood up. At a Starbucks Mar. A freaking Starbucks."

"You like this girl don't you?"

"I just met her."

"But you like her."

Forcing myself up from the couch I grunt, "How can I not? She is someone that I have never met before. She doesn't take my BS, she is brutally honest and is just so gorgeous. The second I saw her I knew I needed to know her Mar. But clearly she doesn't feel the same. Plus she fucking ditched me. She played me, making me believe we would have a simple date but she didn't even show. And it's not like she's dead or anything, I saw her liking peoples' Instagram posts!"

Marissa stares at me, quirking one eyebrow up in the air, "So...you're stalking the girl?"

Catching my breath I shake my head, trying to deny the accusations but in reality I know I was. I scrolled all the way through her Instagram and saw a picture of her with some red head.

 I scrolled all the way through her Instagram and saw a picture of her with some red head

quinnbrooks: It may not seem like it but I love her I do, really.

brittanysnow: you better love me baby ;)

I then remember stalking Brittany's page and notice her as a decently-known actress...so Quinn is gay, that's #1.

And she has dated someone in the industry before...although by the dates it seems like this was before Brittany had a solid career, so that leaves me to believe that they could've broken up due to Brittany getting a step above Quinn career-wise?

Unless they're still together and that's why Quinn stood me up.

"Earth to Demetria!" Marissa snaps her fingers in my face, throwing me out of my daze before she chuckles, "Alright. You clearly need to get your mind off of this girl."

1 Month Later

Quinn POV

My favorite night.

I have been looking forward to this gig forever and it's finally here.

Emo Nite asked me to be a musical guest tonight and I couldn't be more excited. Emo Nite is huge! The rep I could get from this could either launch me or sink me.

Let's just hope I kill it.

I get dressed and take Sam into the Uber to head over to the party.

Demi POV

I get dressed into my outfit and put it on my Snapchat, then find Sirah and Matthew to head to the party.

Once in the venue, I sign some autographs but begin to blend in with the crowd, wanting to have a good time. The stench of alcohol and drugs burns my nostrils but I refrain from all of it, happily sipping my bottled water until I hear someone shout into the mic.

"And now we have a very special guest DJ who will be rocking this room for you tonight. Please welcome Quinn Brooks!"

I snap my head over to the DJ booth where the girl is standing in a leather jacket, an All Time Low band t-shirt and piercings on her lip, eyebrows and nose. I am guessing most of them are fake.

I can't help me staring right at her. Her jawline is just so beautiful and chiseled. She looks so good in that outfit and the headphones make her look even more badass for some reason I don't know.

"Hey guys what's up!"

Everyone cheers and claps, then Quinn chuckles, "Well...I don't think I said that right...what I meant to say was...WHO'S READY TO GET FUCKED UP!"

The room goes crazy and I can't help but smile at the DJ. She sure knows how to speak to a crowd.

"You guys are really in for it tonight! Let's get this shit rolling!" Quinn starts playing Sugar, We're Goin Down by Fall Out Boy and everybody instantly loses it. I start dancing with my friends and even grinding on some people, just having a good time.

I meet up with Post Malone and we start dancing together, talking about everything music and fans and touring. Then Quinn starts playing her own remix of Misery Business by Paramore and we all start dancing until I accidentally knock into something and then the music stops.

Everyone looks so confused and I can feel my cheeks heating up before maintenance runs over and I request a mic. Once they hand it over I say "Sorry guys just some technical difficulty over here! But until that gets fixed uh...let's finish the song!"

I start singing out the rest of the song and everyone joins in.

As I sing I see Quinn staring at me from the DJ booth. I expected her to be pissed but she just watches me and I smile before I get to the chorus again but to give the techs more time I say.

"Ready we're gonna sing it again okay?! Technical difficulties! We're gonna fucking rock this shit!" Then I start up the chorus again, this time seeing Quinn laughing at me cursing and shouting.

When I finish singing and the music starts up again, I watch Quinn hit a few buttons, thanks the crowd for having her, then take her headphones off, patting the manager of the place while everyone claps for her set.

Quinn POV

As pissed as I would be that she sabotaged my set, I could tell she was embarrassed at first, telling me it was a mistake and then she killed the rest of the song.

Who knew Demi Lovato was into emo music?

Maybe she's not so horrible after all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Already writing Chapter 4 don't you worry...hope you guys are enjoying this!

Review and Comment!

~Stay Fearless~

Caleigh <13