Chapter 11

Quinn POV

The entire rest of my day I can't seem to focus, not on my homework or studying, I can't even think right.

I know something is up with Demi, she still hasn't answered my texts or calls. Even after my date with Brittany, I called Demi but no answer.

"Screw this," I stand up in my campus' library and head for the doors, not caring who I just snapped out of intense study mode.

I get in my car and drive to Demi's house, getting through security and walking inside.

"Demi?"

I see empty bottles in the kitchen and a liquid dripping off the island. I go over and pick it up, seeing the Fireball label on the front of the bottle while the amber liquid cascades down the marble, onto the white tiled floor.

I quickly wipe it up with a towel and throw out the other empty bottles, empty Smirnoff Ices and a few nips of Malibu.

"Demi!" I shout but don't hear a response.

I walk around the house cautiously, bracing for the worst. My blood pumps in my ears, my nerves running wild while I look in every doorway, searching for the singer but failing to find her with every door.

"DEMI!" I cry out and run around the halls some more until I hear the piano going.

"You can take everything I have

You can break everything I am

Like I'm made of glass

Like I'm made of paper

Go on and try to tear me down

I will be rising from the ground

Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper"

I gulp down a breath and open the door, seeing Demi sitting at the piano, slurring her own lyrics while she sings.

She sits silent after finishing the chorus and sobs at her piano.

"Lies. It's all LIES!" She throws the papers off the piano and stands up, flailing her arms so I run in, "Demi! Demi stop!" 

She looks at me and grunts, shoving me to the wall and screaming words I can't understand until I hear one sentence come out, "YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME!"

"Demi. Demi relax." I carefully put a hand on her shoulder to calm her but she shakes her head, throwing my arm off.

"No. You don't give a shit. You love Brittany ands you care abouts her, not a j-joke like me. You just don't care! No one does. But it's okay! I don't care about me either." She slumps on the couch and weeps while I slowly lower myself down next to her.

"I do care Demi. I care about you. It's because I care about you that I pushed you away. I'm sorry I did. I was just...scared. I'm no good. You deserve someone who can give you their everything and keep you safe. I'm a mess. I have a bad past. You don't want that, trust me."

"I just want you," She mumbles, shaking my arm in her grasp.

I sigh and pull her into my chest to soothe her while she catches her breath.

She's obviously drunk.

"Quinn."

"Yeah?" I whisper back and she sniffles.

"I relapsed."

"I know."

She starts crying and it breaks my heart to hear her like this.