Chapter 15

Demi POV

It's loud.

Everyone is either drunk or high off of something.

Quinn is getting ready for her set with Sam somewhere backstage. I was attacked by fans and had to leave Quinn for about an hour but I'm looking for her.

I can smell the vodka and beer. It makes my mouth water but I ignore it.

No Demi. Not tonight.

"Let's do this shit!" A group of guys cheer and down shots.

I gulp and push through, keeping my head down low until I reach the dressing room door.

"Demi! Thank God you're here," Sam sighs and yanks me inside the room, slamming the door behind her.

"What's going on?" I ask, my previous worries vanishing when I see Quinn's face.

It's white and she looks horrified.

I know that look.

That look was with me for every concert I gave the first years of performing. That look was with me when I performed on national television.

Stage fright.

"She's got a little case of the stage fright."

"Okay. Quinn," I bend down to her level and she stares at me, her eyes wide with fear.

"What if I mess up? What if they hate me? My career will be over. This is the biggest performance of my life Demi."

"Hey, I am sure everything will be fine. Quinn I have seen you perform. You're incredible. You have a true future as an artist. They will love you."

Our eyes are so tightly locked onto one another's that I don't notice Sam leaving the room. Quinn just sits still, her body shaking with nerves.

I take a leap and reach out, taking her hands into mine while I urge her not to break our eye contact.

"You will be outstanding."

The corner of her lips twitch up into a slight smile and she nods, "Thank you."

"No need to thank me. Thank yourself after you kill it out there."

She leans in and pulls me into a much needed hug. I let myself fall into her, feeling her warm grasp on me.

Her breath hits my neck and her hands start to travel lower, her thumbs resting in the loops of my jeans. I feel her fingers brush my ass just slightly and I shiver in her grip, then pull away, smiling when I see the brightness of her eyes.

Wow those eyes always get me.

It is honestly like looking into crystal blue waters in the Caribbean.

Knock Knock

The door opens and a girl with a headset on pops her head in, "Ms. Brooks you're on in 5."

"Thanks Jen," She smiles at the girl who then smiles back but stays, looking at Quinn for longer than what was probably necessary.

Once she leaves I wait while Quinn stands up, giving me a full view of her outfit which is...Just wow is all I can really say right now.

I will never get tired of Quinn Brooks in a leather jacket.

"Alright...I'm ready."

She stands right near the stage entrance and peeks out into the crowd who are already going crazy.

I hear her breathing heavily so I walk over and grab her hand, making her instantly and visibly relax right in front of my eyes.

"I believe in you. Just focus on something that calms you, makes you feel happy and safe. Then you'll be golden. You can do this."