Chapter 5

Demi POV

The entire night I see Quinn drinking constantly and she looks over at me every now and then, making it impossible for me to focus on my friends and just have a good time.

"Go talk to her," Matthew pushes me forward and I glare at him, "I can't."

"But you can. You said it yourself, you almost kiss. She has to be interested in you."

Watching the brunette dance around to All Time Low makes me start to smile. She looks so happy, like she's enjoying herself. Although of course I really don't know her very well, I feel like I do for some reason.

In a way Quinn reminds me of myself. She clearly pushes people away who care about her, something has made her lose trust in other people. She is scared to let someone in.

That means that something happened to her and that is why she is so defensive all the time, she put walls up, caging her in.

*

I leave the room to fill up my water bottle and hear moans.

"Fuck..." 

It's two girls.

Out of curiosity I peek around the corner and see a blonde pinned to the wall by Quinn Brooks. I drop my water bottle on accident and the two jump apart. The blonde gets ecstatic to see me and instantly starts asking for a picture so I do quickly and watch her sprint away.

Quinn clears her throat, "Oops?"

Scoffing, I turn to walk away but Quinn grabs my hand, sending sparks all throughout my body.

"Demi, wait."

I turn around and she pulls me into an empty hallway, staring at me before I raise my eyebrows, "What?"

"I didn't mean for you to see that."

My lips curl up and I spit at her, "Why? It's not like we're dating or anything."

Quinn flinches, as if I just slapped her again but she holds her stance, "I'm sorry."

She's what?

"You're what?" 

I fold my arms across my chest and watch as the blue eyed beauty apologizes to me for being a dick all the time. She apologizes for leaving me stranded at that Starbucks last month and that she wasn't thinking right. She explains that she was only being selfish and apologizes again until I cut her off.

"Quinn. I don't care. It's whatever. Shit happened. Clearly I trust too easily."

I watch as the girl looks at me with this raw expression in her eyes and I just want to grab her and hug her, never letting go but instead we just stare at each other until she pulls her phone out, "Here. Put your number in."

"Why? So you can send it out to the public on Instagram or Twitter?"

Smiling slightly, Quinn just shrugs, "Possibly."

Not sure whether or not to, I question her again, "Now why would I do that?" Quirking an eyebrow up in the air, I smirk at the brunette, awaiting a response.

"Because you trust me."

"I do?"

Quinn walks towards me and my brain goes back to the bathroom earlier tonight where we almost kissed.

I back up until I can't anymore due to the wall pressing against my back.

Her breath tickles my lips and before they can touch, a girl stumbles into the hallway, calling for Quinn. I remember her from before when she interrupted us the last time this almost happened.