14

My thoughts swirled around my head. I had an urge to tell Jackson what had happened with Adam and I, how would he respond? Would he laugh it off like I once did? Or would he break up with me. I needed to let my feelings out somehow.

After we talked with my dad Jackson and I went back upstairs. I watched The Fosters on my phone while Jackson played Fortnite.

"Hey babe can I come over tonight?" I asked.
"My moms gonna be home but yeah sure."
"Okay cool." I said.

I loved Julia, when she was around. She was such a loving person. After Claire and my dad spit up I would go to her for motherly advice. But I see Claire more often now and Julia less. I needed to go over there though to talk to Adam. I needed to cut whatever we had off and he needed to get over me. I needed to let him know before anything else happened.

I got up and got my bag together for tonight. I grabbed a few changes of clothes and some other insignificant things. A few hours later I said goodbye to my dad and Jackson drove me to his house.

We pulled up in the driveway and next to us was sitting Julia's car. Jackson got out and began to search her car. I grabbed my things and followed behind him.

"What's she using now?" I asked, while Jack reached under the back seat where she hid all her drugs. He pulled out a small black box and opened it. Inside was nothing. He looked at me and back at the box.
"If that bitch is doing hardcore drugs in my house I am gonna flip my shit." Jackson said angrily throwing the car door shut and stomping to the house.

He swung the white door open and I heard him immediately start yelling. I rushed up the porch stairs and into the house. Julia was in the kitchen cooking what looked like spaghetti. Adam was on the couch rubbing his forehead.

"Where are your fucking drugs you piece of shit?! I've told you too many times not to bring your crap up in this house! You wonder why we don't try to call! You wonder why we ignore your texts! We want our mom back!" Jackson yelled, louder then I'd ever heard him yell. Julia took a deep breath.
"I've been clean for three fucking weeks. I've been good! I haven't drank. I've done nothing! So stop assuming shit. I'm going to try to be better you ass hat!" She yelled back out of breath.
"Why is this box still here then?"
"I'm done talking to you Jackson. Be like your brother and go sit down and stay out of this."
"Oh my god I'm fucking done with your shit Julia! You never gave a shit so why do you now, 'go be like your brother' bitch I've been living in his shadow all my life, you know what. Never mind. I'm fucking done with your shit." Jackson said throwing down the box and running up the stairs.