Chapter 27 - War (The Truth!) - Part 3

"Y/N?! Y/N.. Y/N!!!!!!!"

I thought I was blacked out but I noticed it was because of the strangle Riley has given me when I couldn't breathe. Somehow she let go of me and I collapsed after I heard a punch and before I even touched the ground, I felt a pair of arms catching me and then whoever caught me shook me, calling and shouting my name.

I noticed it was because my eyes were still closed and the person probably thought I was already dead, he was trying to wake me up. I smiled a little after opening my eyes as I already knew who that person was.

"What took you so long?"

I whispered to Sonic loud enough for him to hear me,

"Oh thank chaos! Whew!"

He Unexpectedly hugged me tightly but I let him do that. It has been a while since I've finally been with a person on my side..

Besides the unknown random hedgehog who gave me power you know..

"Thought I lost ya."

I smiled..

"HEY YOU TWO!! ARE YOU GONNA LET US DIE IN THE HANDS OF MEPHILES BECAUSE OF YOUR LOVE OR HELP?!"

I managed to look and see Shadow..

What the..

Shit. I dont know whether to be glad that I saw him and be guilty from last time or get mad again for the weird choice.. Really?..

I blushed at that though..

"Y/N, can you stand?"

"Yeah, but I can't walk properly.."

"Wait what?"

"My right leg got smashed from one of the tortures of Mephiles.."

"That idiotic...."

"If anything, I'm fine."

Don't know whether I said that as a lie or the truth, every part of my body ached still from everything, but I can still fight and stand fine even without any strength.

We both got up and I managed to see clearly now from the black out. All of our friends are there fighting, getting injured, some people I barely knew already got killed as their lifeless bodies laid everywhere on bloody grounds. Silver and Shadow were right, this was actually a huge battle. We decided to help and fight but before that, Mephiles laughed and came over.

"Well... at least the important pathetic ones are still alive. What a shame Riley's gone.. She's part of destroying the world as well. But its enough for me to take over now to kill you all."

Riley just got popped in my head, I remembered I want to find out who she is after I defeated her, I looked back and saw her lifeless body..

But wait.. not her demonic body..

Her body was red with some old ripped clothes onto her.. red? My eyes widened when I found out her true form,

Riley is actually an echidna..

If she were clean and alive, she would actually look pretty beautiful.. Why would Mephiles choose her out of all people?

I let that aside and find out later, I looked back at Mephiles.

"But before you all die, I would like to explain to you all what just happened ever since the beginning. It would be a bit more boring for me to kill you without you knowing the truth about everything."

Everyone stopped fighting, they wanted answers as well including for themselves, just like us, we started to listen.

"Hope whatever you tell us is the truth Meph, because I swear to you.."