Chapter 21 - But We Are Brothers!

Tails' POV

Aargh, god.. that hurts. I moaned once I felt a sharp pain on my right shoulder. When I opened my eyes, I realized my right shoulder was bandaged up and I was glad i could still move both of my arms otherwise my right whole arm would be broken. I sat up and saw a crackling campfire. No wonder it felt so warm outside.. i realized I was laying my head on a log and my whole body was on some sort of grass. If I remembered correctly, I saw Sonic dodging from Mephiles' laser blast but it must of ended up shooting through my shoulder. I just passed out from the pain. Wait a minute, come to think of it, where is Sonic?

"S-Sonic?"
"Oh buddy! How ya feeling?" He told me a sudden question after having a quiet dash right in front of me, he looked fine at least, his eyes showed so much worry in them and I'm glad my brother still looked after me.
"I-i'm fine, don't worry at least I can still heal!"
"Tails look, we need to talk, there's something I need to tell you and it's for the best alright?"

According from the way he said it from his voice, it has some sorrow in it that I felt butterflies in my stomach because I know this wasn't going to be any good news.

"What is it?"
"I think it's best that you should stop coming with me in missions and attacks like these, including from Eggman."
"What?!"
"And neither with Amy, Knuckles, Sticks or even Y/N."
"What are you talking about? Whatever happens you will need me!"
"Nah I don't think I would since I fight him all the time."
"I can still fight as well just like you!"
"Tails, listen to me, you have been injured just like last time because of me! What else can I do to protect you if you keep getting injured just for being with me?"
"So what do you want me to do then? Just stay back and ignore you guys fighting?!"
"I never say anything like that, I just don't want to keep you in risk! You can still help I mean, you can actually still solve things out whenever we need to."
"W-wait... So that's it? You think me being smart with my inventions and stuff is all you think is alright to you??"
"Well, pretty much."
"What kind of answer is that?!?!" I screamed, "So that means you will just decide to use me just to solve things?! Is that all??!! All along!!?!?"
"No Tails! I don't even get why you make things so much complicated.. Can't you do this single favour by stop coming with me in battles?! It really bothers me that-"
"Ooh I get it!! I'm a bother to you all these years.. Why can't you say so in the first place!!??"
"Cut it out Tails! I'm not getting rid of you. I'm trying to see what's best for you! All I wanna say is to take your own plane and get back to Acrine. I can handle things myself alright!"

I felt tears in my eyes, but I hid them.

"Fine!! I honestly thought we are brothers!! The kind of brothers that we will stick together and fight! I'm tired of arguing like this so I better leave like you said! Enjoy how you fight like you use to before since you wanted it!!" I angrily flew away with my Tails so I can get to my plane.

Honestly, I didn't really mean about what I said in the last part. Because I couldn't just leave him alone there. I still know that he needs me like always. I hid behind a huge rock, expecting to hear him calling my name to come back, I really want that to happen. Tears filled my eyes when I didn't. He honestly wanted to be alone and like do everything he wants huh? I flew, got to my plane and flew away.

I still know the way back to Acrine, I just don't feel like going there yet and tell the news. I found a lake and a rock to sit on. I sat there and watched the calm lake, it was so relaxing. The rest of the tears in my eyes poured down fast, I seem to have pressured myself to get angry at Sonic instead of crying on him. I just don't want to show off weakness. Looks like the sound of the relaxing lake seemed to rip the emotions off my chest. I want to be with him right now.. he's my brother.. I wouldn't be able to survive if it weren't for him.. when we first met, he saw me as an abandoned four year old fox, took me in as his first family and gave me a home.. and then have more friends. I bet something happened while I was knocked out during the time burnbot made my plane crash. I just can't figure out why it had a huge impact on Sonic...