Rain

Happy Palentine's day, all of you are my Pals.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

(Y/n)'s POV

I watched as streetlights blurred with rain whipped past the windows as we drove, the driver telling a delightful story about his daughter, who turned 8 just a few days ago. He seemed extremely excited, first kid growing up so fast, his life moving forward to a good place.

Dan's hand was wrapped tightly around mine, the heel of his foot tapping rhythmically on the weather mats in the back seat. Dirty water left dry white marks on the rubber beneath our soles, to be washed away later. I let out an exhale to fog up the glass as I listened to the driver mix in with the slap of rain against the car windows and body. I wished I had brought a raincoat.

"Thank you," Dan called, slipping a stack of bills into the driver's open palm. Wind and rain ran along its path, not caring in the slightest we were here. I waved a thank you to the driver, huddling under Dan's jackets in the mad sprint to the nearest building. It just so happened to be the restaurant, in which the waiter stripped us of our wet coats almost immediately. A nervous feeling of underdressing settled over me for a moment after the jacket gesture, but what I was wearing seemed completely fine for the occasion. We were seated almost as soon as Dan's own name came out from his mouth, and we assumed a comfortable position with our hands connected across the table and my crossed legs resting in between his.

"People might think we're the most annoying couple ever."

"So? Let them. I'll even feed you, that's even more annoying," he joked and I smiled.

"Yeah let's not," I said, tapping his knuckles with the tips of my fingers. "We always seem to get caught in the rain huh?"

"Yeah, I guess we do."

"I guess it's just because Mother Nature wants to torture us with wet jeans," I laughed and he smiled.

"I love your laugh."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's so awesome when you're happy," he said and I felt my face flush.

"Shut up," I scoffed, the waiter setting food down in front of us. I of course ended up stealing some of Dan's and vice versa. It was still pouring buckets as we finished, and we ended up sprinting to a book store a couple of doors down.

"Hello!" A young woman behind the desk called, smiling at us warmly. "I'm Caly and if you need anything just holler!" She said, turning back to a book of her own, pressing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. She had light grayish green eyes, flitting across the page, and strawberry blonde hair blocking out her face and the book page. I smiled at the gesture and walked further into the store, careful to keep water from the books.

Beautiful sections of aging books, from history to fantasy lined the walls and laid in stacks for over crowding. Dan and I thumbed through them for an hour or two before chatting along with the owner, the odd girl who was stood behind the counter as we walked in.

"It's the ideal date, at least for me it is," she said, pulling down books from memory and stacking them in my arms. "Oh and this is a good one, if you like dystopian. That's one of my faves too!"

"Thank you so much Caly," I thanked and she nodded.

"They're real cheap anyways, I've got way too many," she said, ringing us up, gifting us discounted books for later. She brushed straight cut bangs back into place.

"Thank you so much."

"My pleasure! Never stop reading and stay the awesome human beings you are!" She said, waving to us as we left.

"Oh my God I love her," I said.

"Honestly, you can leave her for me," Dan said and I shoved his side, pulling him into the rain once again, huddling the books in a jacket and plastic bag to keep them safe from the rain. We arrived home, bodies soaked and arms tired from carrying books. We dropped them aside letting out breaths of relief. I shivered slightly, shedding my wet and probably soon to be shrunken leather jacket.

"Here, I'll get you a towel," he said, dashing off into the apartment. I pushed back the wet hair from my forehead, shivering again, cold water soaking me to the bone. "Here."

Dan tossed the towel around my shoulders, closing it around me like a cape. I smiled up at him, waiting for one in return. He didn't in fact smile back, but instead caught my lips, a warm feeling spreading up to the surface of my clammy skin.

"We really do get caught up in the rain a lot. If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was a sign," he said, kissing me again, warmly. His arms slipped to pull up my legs, picking me up from the ground and causing a soft shudder to run throughout my body.

His hands held me tightly, my arms wrapped loosely around the back of his neck, sinking into his grip. He pressed soft breathy kisses on my jaw and neck, burying his face into my collar.

"Are you okay?"

I paused, not having realized exactly what was happening until now, and the fact he had stopped made my heart pound at the inside of my chest.

"Yes."

"Do you want to continue?"

"Hell yes."

"Wait really?"

"Really."

"You're serious?"

"Oh shut up and kiss me."

Sorry it's shorter, but yes they did the do and I'm under a time crunch.

That self promo in the story tho

~Calymari