Answer Me

Hello!!

Enjoy~

Dan's POV

I watched her shiver and hiccup in my arms, small and broken. I pulled her close into my body, unable to do anything else. Her body was loose and shaking, but her heart was steady in its beating and her hands gripped at my shirt like a vice. The door opened quietly and Phil entered with dinner, looking at the sight.

When did she start crying again? He mouthed at me. I just shook my head and pressed my cheek to the top of her head.

"Do you think you can eat?" I asked and I felt her grip on my top loosen. She pulled back and roughly wiped the tears off her face with the back of her hand, sniffling. Even when she was crying she was still beautiful to me.

"Yeah," I got up as she reached over for a slice of pizza and pushed Phil into the kitchen.

"Phil I'm worried," I said, pausing to look at the door. "She's all uncomfortable with the movie and the bruise on her face and...I think Cayden hits her," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. Phil's eyes widened and we were both silent.

"She would've said something if she was in trouble, right?" I only shrugged and got a glass of water for an excuse to be in the kitchen. "He wouldn't, and she totally would've said something, just leave her be for now." I pushed open the door and peeked into the lounge where she was sat nibbling on a piece of pizza. I paused, wondering if I should really do something, but Phil was right. She would've said something. Just like I've said. I walked in and placed a glass on the coffee table for her to which she gave a small nod, huddling herself in the blanket. I sat back down next to her, letting her lean into me.

Her breathing had slowed, but suddenly her cell phone rang and she glanced at it, her eyes wide and fearful. I glanced and saw it was Cayden.

"Just reject it," I said, reaching for the phone.

"No!" She reached out to stop me and we let it ring. "I was supposed to text him when I was done with whatever at his office." The ringing ceased and she just stared at the black screen.

"(Y--" she held out a hand to shush me and the phone buzzed with a message to which she peered at curiously.

Answer me.

My stomach was burning as I watched her. He was so controlling and clingy. Obsessed. The phone began to ring again and she jumped. We let it ring.

"(Y/n), just turn it off," I begged and she glanced at me as it began to ring again. The third time. She picked up the phone and paused.

"I think it's Kyle," she murmured, rejecting the call and shutting off the phone. "The nerve."

"(Y/n) is he always like that?"

"Yeah, he gets nervous," she said, setting the phone down away from her. Of course, he's just a little worried. But he was cheating. So why would he care so much. I watched (y/n) absentmindedly chew at her fingernail. "Are you guys going to eat?" I suddenly realized Phil was still here and that pizza was sat in front of us.

We all ate in silence and (y/n) seemed exhausted. I felt her rest against me, her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her and she shuffled into me.

"Not hungry?" I asked with a sad smile. She shook her head, returning a fixed smile. She laid her head against me and shut her eyes. I felt her relax, her eyes running wild underneath her eyelids, her face scrunched in pain, but still resting as she fell asleep. I glanced up at Phil who was watching her. We met eyes and he could tell I was panicked.

"What are we going to do?" He asked.

"I don't know," I replied and glanced down at her. I slipped my free arm underneath her thighs and pulled her up into my arms standing up. "I'm going to put her in my bed." I carried her down the hall and into my room, careful to keep the blanket around her. I set her down and fixed the blanket around her so that she wouldn't get cold. I began to walk away when I heard a soft whimper come from her. I glanced around to her and I noticed a bare arm reaching to me.

"You said you wouldn't leave me alone," she croaked and I approached the bed, taking her hand. "Lay with me."

"(Y/n)..."

"Please." I sat down in the empty side of the bed and laid back. I wrapped my arm around her, letting her rest her head in my chest. I hugged her back into me so that she was cradled into my body and I rested my head on top of hers. It was quiet as she fell asleep again, relaxing. After a few minutes, Phil peeped into the room, noticing us. He seemed to understand that she asked me to stay and just shut the door without saying anything.

I stared at the wall. I wasn't meant to be the person that held her like this. It just felt wrong and something nagged at me religiously. It hurt me to see her like this and if this is what it takes for her to feel a little better then I'll do it, but not without hesitation.

I pressed a soft kiss to the top of her head and she remained still. I shut my eyes forcefully and prayed for sleep. I can't stay like this anymore.

Stay awesome!

~Calymari