Have the Courage to Exist

Heyo~

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Have the courage to exist

"I've always wanted to live in the classical or romantic era," I said, listening intently to the special on the history channel. Dan glanced at me, sat between his legs, resting up against his torso.

"Really?"

"Yeah, like all the fancy clothes and going to classical concerts and galas. I feel like that would be so fun for an evening," I said, resting my head on his collar bone.

"We should go to one."

"What?"

"A ball or a gala and we can get all dressed up," he said and I smiled.

"You'd get all dressed up for me?"

"Yeah, of course," he replied, pecking my forehead. I smiled and settled back into watching the special. It was nice to finally have someone want to do stuff with and for me, rather than going along with everything I've been told.

"Hey Dan?" He glanced at me again.

"Yes?"

"Thanks." He paused, and even without looking I could tell he was smiling.

"I love you."

He placed a hand on my stomach, as the credits began to play. It had been a couple months of us dating and I had still yet to say 'I love you'.

"So much," he added. He shut off the TV and I flipped over, placing my cheek against his heard and hugging around his torso. He placed a hand on my back instead. I glanced up at him, my chin on his chest.

"Hi."

"Hi," he replied with a grin. I crawled up, pecking his lips once. "Cute." I dug my face into his shirt at his words, trying to mask my blush.

"I should get to work soon," I said, my voice muffled in my shirt.

"Why? Can't you just stay here?" He asked.

"I need to go to work some time you know," I said. He sighed and helped me up.

"Okay but come back here later tonight, I'll have food," he said.

"Oh how you tempt me with food," I said and he smiled, letting me go. I left with a kiss and a long hug to go get my belongings. I headed into work just as it began to lightly drizzle.

And then rain.

And then pour.

I glanced at Kelsey who was staring out at the rain as well. I was going to have to go home in that. I sighed.

The day mainly consisted of 2 no shows, a nice couple, and a business woman. It was slow, unlike the sheets of water pouring down from the sky. I finished closing up my camera, staring at the ever increasing down pour outside.

"I hate this."

"Good luck," Kelsey said and I sighed. I shoved my stuff in its water proof bag and zipped it up tight. I slung it around my shoulder and ducked into the rain. It poured around me as I made a mad dash for a cab, left in the rain for a good 5 minutes before snatching one. It drove me the short distance to the corner rather than the front of my building and I made another mad dash through the rain, though there was no use as I ended up cold and shivering, sopping wet and dripping all over the lobby floor. Dan glanced up from his mailbox and widened his eyes at me.

"Oh my God, come on, let's get you clothes," he said, taking my hand and my bag from me.

We both went to my apartment, me going up to my room and him stopping for a towel. I shed my shirt, goosebumps erupting all over my skin. I shed my pants as well, realizing now my undergarments were wet as well. I shivered, walking over to pick out new ones. I pulled out dry clothes, turning.

I spotted Dan in the door, holding a towel, staring at my torso. I dropped my new clothes and he made eye contact with me. He had seen my stomach and back before, when I had presented them in court against Cayden. Littered with scars and marks.

It was ugly.

"Sorry." He said, handing me the towel and adverting his eyes, going to pick up my clothes. My eyes darted to the ground as I wrapped myself up. He set the clothes on the night stand, and I felt my stomach shrink at the thought of him staring at me like that. Such pitiful eyes. "Are you cold?" He asked, hugging me from behind. His body was warm and all was quiet as my hair dripped on the carpet.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," I murmured, my face pale. He turned me around holding my sides.

"What?"

"My stomach and my back, I know they're ug--" I paused when I caught a glimpse of the look he was giving me. He pulled me into a soft hug.

"They are not ugly."

"B--"

"In fact, they make you look even more beautiful, trust me when I say that. They make you strong, they serve as a reminder of what you have conquered and if that's not the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, there's something wrong with my eyes." I felt soft tears drip out of my eyes and onto my cheeks as I gripped Dan's shirt softly.

"Love, look at me," he murmured and I looked up at him. He wiped back one of my tears. "Have the courage to exist."

He pressed his lips against mine, soft and tender, holding me gently, his hands keeping me close. He kissed each of my cheeks in turn, before returning to my mouth, and I felt myself relax. He picked me up, setting me on my bed gently, hovering over me. He stared at me intently a soft look on his face.

"Do you trust me?"

I smiled gently and nodded. He gingerly pulled open the towel I had been holding against myself this whole time, exposing my stomach. He hovered down, watching my abdomen tighten. He pressed a gentle kiss to a scar right above the waistband of my underwear, moving on to press his lips gently along the next one, a permanent discoloration in my side.

My breath was hitching, my hand holding the shirt material on his shoulder. His breath swept across my skin, connecting the scratches and scars with kisses, warm and soft. I felt myself relax under the gentle hold of his hands on my hips.

He reached the last one right beneath the wire of my soaked bra, in the shallow valley between my ribs. He placed a warm kiss there, his breath exhaling over my skin, my hairs standing on end.

He finally placed a last kiss on my lips again, my short nails gripping into the nape of his neck. He pulled back, far enough to look over the landscape of my torso.

"Beautiful." 

He sat up, helping me wrap myself back up in my towel.

"Get dressed now, I have food waiting for you, like I promised." I watched him with loving eyes before pulling him into one last passionate kiss. He smiled, setting his forehead against mine.

"I love you," I murmured and he let out happy little chuckle.

"I love you too."

~Calymari