Photography

Heyo.
*sniffle*
Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"(y/n), I need you here!" Kelsey called through the phone.

"Okay, wait, for what?" I asked, listening to her panicked breathing.

"The newbie is ruining everything! My designs are just a mess and the clients are getting angry with us and their kids!" she explained as I began packing my bag.

"Okay, I'll be there in 5," I said and I heard the line click off. I heard my stomach rumble from the one sad, cold pancake I had and I scowled. I can't believe they don't even want to hang out with me in their goddamn dreams too. That's just a slap in the face.

I just don't get it.

One moment they're inviting me over, trying to make me laugh, texting me when I'm bored and the next, they don't want to be around me and think it's a mistake. It makes me regret not saying no too many times. Makes me feel like an idiot.

Doesn't help that Dan stalks me through the peephole, but this time I was done. I was walking a dangerous line when it comes to even being in contact with them and it's better for me and Cayden if we just stay away. I'm not going to say no now.

I closed up my bag and slipped on shoes, dashing down the stairs. No one stopped me, and I made it to the studio relatively fast. I noticed pissed parents and kids running around dangerously close tot he equipment. Kelsey was gripping her sleeves as the new boy only fiddled with the equipment in a way that made me cringe.

"(y/n)!" she called, tackling me in a hug. I didn't wince, nor feel pain at all which was rather surprising.  "Help me?" she asked with puppy dog eyes. I smiled and pat her on the shoulder. I glanced at the kids first, letting out a loud whistle. Both boys stopped to look up at me.

"Contest. Whoever is the most well behaved kid gets a lollipop," I said, motioning to my bag. I had made sure to put a couple in there for the rowdy children. I slapped the new worker's hand away from the camera. I watched as the kids ran to their placements, staring straight ahead, waiting for Kelsey to pose them. She watched me in awe for a seconds before going to pose them. "Okay, here, this button is the focus, not angle, look," I directed the camera and the guy watched, taking it in. "Now look," I watched him peer into the lens, a soft 'oh' escaping his lips.

"Thanks," I nodded me head.

"Okay, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, we can make this as quick as possible, you must have a place to be!" I said. I could see the mother smile at my apology and they both seemed to calm down. Kelsey was staring at them, looking for a pose.

"Help?" she turned to me.

"Here," I started, walking around the camera. "Can I help you?" I asked the smaller of the 2 boys. He nodded and I walked him over to his father so that the heights would balance.  I pulled up a small box for him to stand on and I picked him up, placing him there. I chose a bigger box for the other child, placing them so that the parents could stand behind and keep their hands on their children's shoulders. I quickly jogged tot he camera and looked through, satisfied. I waved Kelsey over and she agreed. "Big smiles!" I snapped a few pictures and the family agreed on a few, ordering what they wanted. As they did business with Kelsey I squatted down to the boys. "It was tough, but I decided it was a tie," I said, holding up candy for each of them. They took it with smiles and thanks you's heading out with their parents.

"How do you do that?" Kelsey asked as I waved goodbye to the smallest one.

I paused. How did I? I admit, after talking more with Dan and Phil, I had become more of a people person. I was that girl no one talked to. I remember in primary school I was the kid anyone could talk to and I knew a lot about dealing with others. As a kid I always wanted to be a therapist so I could help people. That dream went down the dream after my first camera that I took with to my school's photography club. The teacher loved my artistic eye and I would have the best time in that club.