Christmas Party

Hello.

I'm so frickin tired and my glasses are never fucking clean like bitch I wanna be able to S E E

*playlist g notes me* I-- why haven't I taken this out I--

Enjoy.

(Y/n)'s POV

The day of the Christmas party. I, donned in what I deemed as the ugliest sweater, was bustling around my apartment trying to get food ready for the party. I was in charge of most of that considering I had the bigger kitchen, and I had no objections to the delightful smell coming from the oven. It was all a little much, but I knew the hectic craze that had plopped itself in my kitchen would be no match for what was contained next door. I wasn't allowed in, as it would ruin the surprise, and the few times I had routinely checked their door it almost seemed to be bulging. Of course, that was indeed impossible, and I chucked that into the back of my brain containing the rest of the dump of insane ideas I had.

My oven timer dinged and out came the cookies: fresh, warm, and perfectly golden brown. The day had drawn on and I was getting impatient, my annoying obliviousness growing like an angry chasm or ache in an empty stomach; I wondered when the agony would cease. Never in my life had I ever let something so silly as a Christmas party get to me like this one does now.

The wool of my sweater scratched at my neck and I pulled it away. I was always that person that had to cut out the tags in shirts when they irritated me, and my current state of anticipation was not being calmed by the continuous scratch on my collarbones and neck. I dealt with it anyways.

I shoveled the cookies into a container, waiting for a knock on the door. The food was all ready to go, but I wasn't allowed to bring it over until they came to let me in. This was ridiculous right? I left the food unattended so that I could go double check my gifts for Dan and Phil that I'd be giving to them after the night's end. That's what I was most excited about; to give my presents before they leave.

I had a few days before I left for my mom's house, and Dan and Phil were going their separate ways to family. They would probably meet up somewhere, I'm not sure, but I was just happy to be spending time with my mom and my sister.

I had gotten Dan a soft black sweater I thought he might enjoy since it's so cold and I got Phil a pair of slippers and funky socks. I figured since Dan had slippers on most of the time Phil would appreciate some too. They were in their respective bags and ready to bring over. A frantic knock interrupted my check and I practically ran to the door. When I opened it, Phil with a zebra trim Santa hat was brightly smiling there.

"Nice hat."

"Thanks. Do you want to come over now?" I peeked over his shoulder as the glow from inside gave it a warm glow and I nodded excitedly.

"Help me with the food?" I asked and he nodded, following me into the kitchen. He helped me carry over all the food and I shut and locked the door. I followed him inside and stopped right in the doorway, looking at the changes that have been made. Everything was a lot neater and tidier and way more colorful somehow. The tree was fully lit and music was playing. Phil put the food in the kitchen and I loosely followed behind looking at all the small changes that had been made. I set down the pie I had picked up, considering I don't really know nor want to bake a pie, and a few other things. They had snacks set up outside on the coffee table and I glanced around the kitchen.

Poorly decorated cookies were set up in a decorative basket and I smiled, remembering the time they had invited me to make cookies. That one really didn't look like me, but I appreciated the effort. I jumped when I felt hands on either side of my arms and Dan peeked his head over my shoulder.