Hugs

Hey. I'm typing this on my phone rather than my computer bc I'm too lazy tbh so I apologize for mistakes.

Happy Easter btw.

Enjoy~

Dan's POV

I heard muffled noises from next door and I felt my adrenaline kick in as I imagined what was happening on the other side of my wall.

I had come to care for (y/n) quite a lot, despite my brains rejection of the concept. Now hearing muffled noises like this set me over the edge, thinking that she was in any sort of danger. I didn't like Cayden anymore than he disliked me. I guess I'm coming off as a little jealous, but not in that way.

I think.

The noises stopped and I hear a loud noise come from Cayden. Silence then ensued and my heart best slowed slightly, but I was still panicked over nothing. My door opened and Phil came in, an odd expression plaster on his face.

"What was all that noise??" He whispered, afraid they'd hear us talking.

"I don't know Phil, but it's definitely both of them." I said.

"You don't think they're..." he trailed off, leaving me to fill in the blank.

"I don't know and I don't care." I lied, "just go back to bed." He seemed suspicious of me but left anyway.

Heavy footsteps walked away from my wall and I heard soft mews and cries from (y/n). She seemed upset, but I couldn't tell from the wall between us. That didn't stop my heart from hurting.

I shut of my light and let out a breath, listening to her delicate sounds die out into muteness. I shuffled in my bed, the backboard creaking and knocking against the wall. Silence ensued again, only to be interrupted by a gentle knock back on my wall. I stopped for a moment before knocking back.

There was a pause until a slightly louder knock followed. I pictured her resting her hand on the wall, listening for me, letting me know she's okay. Her arm was bruised, the one that rested against me, the one that knocks now. Where could it have come from?

There were no more knocks, only sleepy silence as I drifted off, determined to talk to her tomorrow. To make sure she's okay.

~Basic time skip~

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up sore and disgusting, frowning as I attempted to sit up. My body was shaking and aching and my legs were near to numb. I felt sick to my very core.

The shower was deemed my best option though getting there was a struggle. As I showered, I couldn't help but think about the knocking from last night. In my panicked state, I felt safe when he knocked. He let me know he was there.

Or it was a coincidence.

Cayden had two more days of work including today before his full day off. I had no idea what I was going to do until then. I knew for sure I had to put the laundry in and go grocery shopping, and I had to avoid both Dan and Phil while leaving. I needed to stop being around them as it's causing all the trouble I'm getting into.

I hopped out of the shower, putting on my normal attire, covering up at much skin as possible. I fixed up my face, running my tongue over my busted lip and realizing it was getting much better. I put the laundry in the machine and headed out for groceries.

I shut the door behind me, locking it and as I turned around I realized Dan was standing outside his door, waiting for me to acknowledge his presence.

"Hey" he piped in and I felt my stomach churn. "Are you okay?" He asked. "You were really loud last night."

"Yes." I answered plainly and shortly, walking away, but he stopped me.

"Where are you heading?" He asked.

"Dan I can't hang out around you anymore." I blurted, my anxiety levels going off the chart. "Cayden's just really jealous that you're around and it keeps getting me in trouble and I just can't--" I looked over at him, and he was staring at me, waiting for me to finish.

"Can't what?" He asked.

"You aren't going to interrupt me?" I asked, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Why would I? I want to know what's wrong." He said. I stared at him like this was the most preposterous thing I've ever heard. And it was. But it felt nice that he wanted to listen.

"Why do you care?" I questioned.

"I don't know. I suppose I just don't like seeing you all sad." He explained. I still wasn't quite understanding why he was as so nice and caring to me when I've done less than nothing for him in return.

"Oh." Was all I could fathom at the moment and he stopped closer.

"If you really want me to stay away, and you think that'll make it better then I will." He agreed.

On one hand, I'd be free from trouble with Cayden, but Dan's so nice to me for no reason. It's hard to say no.

"I-I.."

With out warning, he wrapped his arms around me, my head naturally resting in his chest. My body was slack with shock as his chin rested on my head, thumbs carefully rubbing up and down my back. He was warm, swaddling me like a blanket and I hesitantly placed my arms around him. He seemed relaxed, but tense when I responded.

"Don't leave." Was all I said, muffled into his shirt. He squeezed me slightly tighter and I breathed in his cologne before he let go.

"You sure? You can tell Cayden that he has nothing to worry about." He said, struggling over those certain words. I knew I couldn't tell Cayden, but I can most certainly hide it better.

"Yes. Thank you." I said, disappearing down the stairs to get my groceries.

And all I could think about was how he had been waiting for me behind his door, just to hug me.

Cute and yes ik only 1 chpt today bc it's Easter and I need food so sry m8s.

Stay awesome!

~Calymari