Mr Kingston's Roommate|51

Start from the beginning

"You need to go."

"If I do, will I ever see you again?" 

He peered down at me, my heart clenched tightly, unwilling to even fathom leaving him behind. I just got him back. Why should I go back to such a miserable world where all I do is suffer and suffer no matter how hard I try to recover? "I heard you, that night you visited my grave, you promised to come back and visit me whenever you could. Don't stop, I hear you, I answer and I wait.

I'll wait until you're ready, Leila. Even if it's 60 or 80 years from now I'll wait. But right now? We both know it's not your time to be here. As much as I've enjoyed your company, as blissful as these past few months have been, you won't remember unless I remind you because you don't belong. Your soul isn't fully attached to this place so you'll keep forgetting over and over again and you'll never be at peace. Just go, I'll be fine, I'll be waiting for you, Leila."

I flickered my gaze back towards the tree, watching Blake sleeping peacefully. There were times where he'd look right into my eyes as if he could see me standing here on the other end of that tree. I know those moments were just of him watching me on that bed, unresponsive. 

But it still felt like he was looking into my eyes.

"I–I don't–I don't think I can do this Kyle."

Without responding to my plea, he placed his palms on my chest and shoved me backwards towards the tree, a small smile on his lips, slowly fading away as I tumbled back. I flung my hands out towards him, tears pooling in my eyes as I screamed for him to grab my hand, to not let me go. 

"Kyle! Kyle, please! I can't go, I can't leave you, KYLE!" I was falling slowly as if this world wanted to torment me. Make me see my brother wither away slowly, knowing I won't be able to go back. Why would he do this? Why would he send me back?  "Kyle please don't let me go!" He lifted a hand beside his head and waved. 

"I love you, Leila."  

His face which was once staring right into mine withered away, leaving me enveloped in a blinding bright light, surrounded by nothing but my own cries of plea. And then the light dimmed, burning right through my salty tears, ripping through my skin as it shoved me through a door, the door that led me here.

My eyes flew open wide, my lungs expanded as it swallowed a huge gulp of air and the light which had been blinding a few seconds ago finally dimmed down, allowing me to see my surroundings. At first, confusion wrapped itself around me, rendering me motionless as the past few minutes came flooding back into my mind. 

He pushed me.

Was that real? Were any of those moments for the past few months real? Or was it a dream? I wasn't dead, I'm not dead. But why did it feel real? Why was I here? Laying in this bed? When all my questions went unanswered, I finally allowed myself to be freed from my catatonic state and snapped my head sideways, crying in pain.

And then my breath caught itself at the back of my throat when my eyes settled on him. Sat right beside me, brown hair tousled over his face, dangling above his rosy cheeks. He looked the same as he did in the accident, but this time where blood poured from held nothing more than a deep scar, sliced across his forehead. 

He looked peaceful but by the way his face scrunched up it appeared as if he were having a nightmare. His hand was interlocked in mine, gripping me tightly despite him being in a deep slumber. This is what I saw by the tree, so was it real? Or was that my mind playing tricks on me and subconsciously somehow I could see him?