Chapter Sixteen ~ Red Roses

Start from the beginning

Josie enjoys the feeling of the hot water flowing down her skin and relaxing her muscles, she stays under the shower a few minutes longer than necessary but knows she has to get in gear when she hears someone open the front door. Josie isn't afraid because she knows it's Ted who still has his house key, after the divorce Josie told him to keep the key so he could get inside when she wasn't home if he needs something for the kids. Fortunately Ted always behaved like a gentleman and only used it when she wasn't home or like now he probably knows Josie is in the shower, he never used it while Josie was home before.

She is drying her body when she hears two little feet stomping up the stairs and walking into her bedroom, immediately opening the door of her en-suite bathroom.

"Hi mum, are you ready?" Lou burst in the bathroom. Not able to stop jumping because she is so excited

"It's only five pm I still have some time but don't worry, I'm almost ready." Lou cheers and runs away again. Josie chuckles, glad her daughter is back to her silly old self.

Josie walks to her room naked and looks for some underwear in her drawer, eventually choosing a red sheer bra and panties. Harry loved this set, she thinks while she opens the door of her closet. When her eyes scan through the closet, her eyes fall on a red shirt of Harry's, Josie once stole it when she was at Harry's home. Josie takes it of the hanger, she slips it on her body, enjoying the feeling of the soft fabric. She hugs herself for a moment while she lets her nose fill with Harry's scent that is still on the shirt. When she takes it off again she buries her face in the fabric.

"I miss you so much, Harry. I don't know if I want to live without you." she whispers into the shirt, a tear rolling down on her cheek. She wipes the tear away she tells herself she can't be sad tonight, not when the kids have a surprise for her.

She puts the shirt back in the closet and takes out the red dress she loves so much. It is a sleeveless, knee length dress, tight on her upper body but flows out at her hips, she combines it with her black pumps, a silver bracelet and little silver star earrings.

She walks back to the bathroom to put some red lipstick on her lips and apply some mascara so her green eyes will pop out, lastly she sprays some perfume on and she is ready.

When Josie walks downstairs she is welcomed by her children, ex-husband and his boyfriend who are waiting for her in the living room, still wearing their coats. They all starting to cheer and doing wolf whistles when she appears and a pink blush creeps up her cheeks.

"You look beautiful, mum" Alex and Lou say simultaneously. They all laugh at that and Josie gives her children a kiss on the cheek, leaving a red lipstick mark.

"You do look gorgeous." Ted whispers in Josie's ear when she hugs him and then Jonas.

"Where are we going?" Josie asks while she takes her little black clutch.

"You'll see." Alex says. He steps forward and signals for Josie to come down a little. When she does, Alex puts a blindfold over her eyes.

"Ha! What's this about?" Josie complains smiling.

"You can't see where we are going." Ted simply states before they help her into her jacket and lead her out of the door.

The drive is short and silent, it's like they are all nervous for what's going to come. When the car stops Josie has no idea where they are, she tried to follow the road in her head but she had to give up very quickly.. Someone, she thinks it's Jonas, helps Josie out of the car and it feels like they lead her inside somewhere. Josie tries to stick her hands out to feel something but someone bats her arms back down.

When they stop, she feels someone pecking both her cheeks. Josie thinks it at the kids who are picked up by Jonas and Ted.

"Are you ready, mum?" Alex asks and Josie nods smiling enthusiastically.

Suddenly the blindfolds falls and she is stunned by her surrounding. She is in a living room, she has been here before but it is different now. Fairy lights are strung on the walls around the room, candles are burning everywhere, there is a big table set for a meal for two people, it looks so romantic. When Josie turns around her breath hitches in her throat, she sees all kinds of beautiful flowers standing in vases on the floor and in the middle of is him, the man who she has missed so much.

"Harry." Josie whispers, she is not sure if this is real, maybe she is dreaming? She looks behind her, to Lou with a scared and confused look in her eyes. Did Lou know about this? And she wasn't upset? Ted gives his daughter a little push but than Lou walks to her mother and takes her both hands.

"I'm sorry mum for making you sad. I realise now how mean I was. I met Harry last weekend at dad and Jonas' house and I was stupid for not giving him a chance immediately because he is very sweet." Lou admits and with a shy smile she looks at Harry who is giving her a wink. The little girl has tears threatening to spill over the edge of her eyes. Josie crunches down and takes Lou in her arms while tears run freely over her cheeks. When they let go Lou immediately goes to her brother who hugs her to and tells her how proud he is of her.

Josie gets up and shyly she tilts her head up to the man of her dreams who is standing there in between all these colourful flowers wearing a black and white flowery suit with a black shirt, he looks delicious with his long curls pulled back out his face and with a little dimpled smile.

Harry takes three big steps before he is right in front of Josie.

"Harry, I... I..." she whispers. But before she can say more Harry cradles her cheeks and presses his lips on hers.

🌹Every Rose Has Its Thorn🌹On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara