Head Captain Yamamoto

Fixed 12/15/15

---Ten Years Later---

I sorted through the mountains of paperwork that Captain Kuchiki so gratefully gave me to. I had just gotten back from a watch over Karakura town and now I had to do the paperwork portion, great. The papers went over how many hollows were killed, were there any human casualties, was there any suspicious activity, basic stuff like that. Right as I started to get deep into the pile I saw a Hell Butterfly. It flew down the hall a bit to what I assumed to be the captain's office. I carried on with my work, still curious to what the message was. "Sakura" Captain Kuchiki said, walking into the room "Head Captain Yamamoto would like to see you" I looked up from my work, surprised. "Y-yeah, let me finish this first-", "Immediately" He shot back. "Yes sir" I said quickly and gathered my papers before leaving the room. I grabbed my zanpakuto on my way out of the Squad Six barracks. The air outside was humid, just as it was before it rained. I decided it was best to hurry and beat the rain.

The rain had just started to come down as I got inside of Squad One's quarters. I walked through the quiet marble halls that I barely knew, I had never really been here without my captain and now that I was alone I felt that I was going to get lost. I trailed my fingers along the wall as I walked, feeling the cool stone trail about my fingers. The soft thump of my sandals on the floor followed me throughout the halls.

The place was quiet, unlike my barracks, which were always pretty rowdy when our captain wasn't around. When I reached the doors I knocked nervously. "Come in" a muffled rouged voice said from the other side of the door. I smoothed out the wrinkles in my black kimono before pushing the huge white doors open and ripping through the dead silence with the long creak from the door.

As I walked in, I saw the head captain sitting in his chair along with a guard. "Y-you asked for me sir?" I asked shakily. Keep it together Sakura, I scolded myself, no stuttering. "Yes, myself and the other captains have noticed that you are becoming quite strong" He began "You also have obtained your Bankai, am I right?" "Yes sir" I answered. "Tomorrow I would like you to battle a captain and see if you are truly strong, do you accept?"

I stood there shocked, as if the wind had been knocked out of me and I was trying to regain it but couldn't. The head captain cleared his throat before beginning again. "What is your answer Fujike?" he said with slight annoyance in his voice. "Sorry, it would be an honor head captain" I bowed my head in respect "Good, then it's settled, you will meet me here at 7 am sharp tomorrow. Is that clear?" "Yes sir" I replied as I bowed again and turned to leave.I navigated my way back through the halls in a hurry and as I got outside I jumped up and down, my veins coursing with excitement. "I can't believe that I really could become a captain!" I squealed as I flash-stepped back to my squad in the rain.

When I finally made it back I was attempting to catch my breath, I had just beat the rain by a couple of seconds. It felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest and fall onto the dusty ground in front of me, "Renji!" I yelled over a crash of thunder and I began to make my way through the other soul reapers. I spotted the red head sitting in the corner cleaning his sword and talking to someone in our squad that I didn't recognize.

As soon as Renji saw me he got up and started coming my way. "Hey Saki-chan, what's up?" He mocked, with a big grin on his face. "Well, Renji-kun" I mocked back "I just got asked to fight for a captain position." Renji didn't answer but the look in his eyes said it all, he was jealous. But, as soon as that look was there, it was gone.

A/N: Just basic info

San: It basically means Mr. or Mrs. You use it for either gender. (Mr./Mrs. Saitoh = Saitoh-san)

Chan: Use this for children, particularly little girls. You could get away with using it for girls who are younger than you or maybe the same age. (Mari-chan)

Kun: Use this with little kids, particularly little boys. Same as -chan. (Taka-kun)

Sensei: Teacher. You use this for any kind of teacher or instructor. (Aoki-sensei)

Sama: This is a very formal title and not used that often. It's reserved for very important people. In Japanese, the word for god is "Kamisama."