When the past comes back to haunt you

-- Nozomi's POV --

I walk past Kisuke ignoring his welcome. "Kisuke, you know very well that when I come here it isn't for a good reason" I stated clearly annoyed. "I know" I could hear the sadness making its way into his voice. I continue walking through the shop to the backrooms, finally making it back to the guest room. I closed the door behind me and slumped against it. I pulled my knees up to my chest.

*flashback*

A little girl with dark green hair was kicking a ball with her parents out in a field that was surrounded by trees. Her dad kicked it a little too far and it flew into the trees. The little girl shouted that she would get it since it didn't look like it went far. So she ran after the ball, once she was in the forest she searched for the ball. After a few minutes she couldn't seem to find it so she ran out of the forest and went to ask her parents for help.

Her parents ran over to her exclaiming how worried they were about her. They both pulled her into a hug but when she tried to pull away after realizing that it was dark outside but her parents grip got tighter. She then felt something dripping down on her head and her parents grip loosened. She looked up to see that a tentacle sticking through each of their heads.

She watched as the tentacle retracted and her parent's body's collapsed and fell to the ground, splattering blood on her face when it did so. "Mommy,... Daddy?" at the point she realized that they where dead she fell to the ground and let out a blood curling scream. " Mommy, Daddy!! WAKE UP!!!" she screamed out in pure agony.

Just as the tentacle lunged for her, a man jumped out blocking it with some type of sword. "w- who are you?" she stuttered. "My name is Kisuke Urahara" the man responded before throwing the tentacle off. " but right now you need to sleep you have seen enough blood little one." he spoke and waved a hand across her eyes making her black out.

*end of flashback*

Knock. knock. knock.

I got up from the floor realizing that I had fallen asleep and answered the door. I opened the door to see Yoruichi standing there with her arms crossed. "yes ma'am?" I asked trying mask the sadness from the nightmare of a memory. "how long to you plan on staying in your room?" she asked crossing her arms "until dinner I guess" I responded starting to ease up a bit " WELL THEN GET YOUR ASS MOVING!" she yelled pulling me out of my door way and dragging me to the table.

Yoruichi walked over to me and gave me a plate with potato curry and rice, and then went to sit down across from me. Almost immediately after she sat down she started eating like she haddent seen food for years. "where is Kisuke?" I asked knowing that the others where on a mission. "softh oh hshh ould freenth-" I stopped her short, "um I cant understand you with all of that food in your mouth." she swallowed the food in her mouth before speaking again "Some of his old friends come by asking for help, or at least that's what he told me."

Yay I wrote a 500 word chapter! Not much but still...