Karan looked at her pointedly. When he didn't answer, Kriti thought it would be best to leave. However, she heard him speak.

"Its our project." He spoke. "Me and Anto had been planning it for weeks. However, his father wants him to supervise the rest of the participants for the inter college science-competition. And a supervisor can't be a participant. Now all these charts are useless as we won't be able to present the project!" He kicked the dumpster in anger.

"Well, can't you take a different partner? There must be some programmer friend of yours who could help you with it, right?"

Karan sighed. "There are a few friends. But they have already partnered up with someone for the competition. And as for the rest ones, I would rather not participate than take them as partners and embarrass myself because of their worthlessness." he rolled his eyes as if to emphasize his point.

Kriti bit her lip. 'Should I tell him to take me as his partner in the competition? Or should I just shut up and leave? I...I think I should leave. He is just gonna laugh at me. I mean, why would he chose someone like me?' Kriti turned to leave. However, she stopped on hearing Karan's depressed voice.

"Guess I'll have to skip this year's competition." he sighed in defeat.

"I could help you!" Kriti couldn't hold back and blurted out.

"You? Really?" Karan looked at her in bewilderment.

Kriti regretted her words when she saw him looking at her in disbelief

Kriti regretted her words when she saw him looking at her in disbelief. "Forget it. I shouldn't have said anything. I should have known that you would only look down up on me."

She turned to leave. However, before she could move further, Karan caught her wrist. "How good are you at hack programs?"

"In my opinion, I think I'm better than the average students, although I've never tried much complicated programs, Your Arrogance!" she spoke in a pissed off tone.

Karan smirked. "Maybe you could be my partner. But first, I'll have to test your skills. If you qualify, you'll be my partner."

Kriti looked at him open-mouthed "You are agreeing to take me as your partner? For...for real?!"

Karan shrugged. "Desperate situations call for desperate measures. Go put your signature in the log book and then come to the computer lab. And don't forget the charts." commanding her, he walked forward with a satisfied smirk.

Kriti looked on with wide eyes. 'Did...did he just....did he just accept me as his partner?!' Kriti jumped up in joy, but soon composed herself 'Calm down Kriti! You still have to pass his test, remember? Lets not keep him waiting. Better get going!'