friendship?

"Look at her." Lavender Brown said to her best friend, Parvati Patel. They watched Hermione Granger walk back and forth in the common room, pondering over some thought.

"What a pig! She is quite ugly. Dont you agree?" Parvati snickered.

"Yes she is! Has she ever heard of hair gel?"

"Or of fashion?" Parvati finished.

On the contrary, Hermione was pretty. She had doe eyes and a heart shaped face. Her hair, while still frizzy, was not nearly as bad, it also was very smooth probably the smoothest in Gryffindor tower. As for her sense of fashion, Hermione was wearing the Hogwarts uniform. Some of the students she wore the uniform well, Hermione had some fashion sense, she wasn't blind. Lavender and Parvati's conversation ended quickly, as Hermione left the common room. Luckily, they found another unsuspecting person to gossip about.

Hermione Granger quickly made her way to the library where she spent most of her time. For some reason, almost no one at Hogwarts would think Hermione would spend her time there. They all thought she would become outgoing and a loud, natural leader. She was a Gryffindor after all. She was, infact, the opposite. Hermione was introverted and rather not lead unless her class was hopeless. It's just the way Hermione Granger works, if she has friends around, she would be a typical Gryffindor, loud and bossy. When she was alone, however, she would be quiet and reserved, keeping to herself.

Hermione was also lucky enough to join advanced classes full time. Her, and a special few other students who came back, got to learn more than what the curriculum offered publicly. Even though Hermiones advanced classes were hard, she had all the homework done for that whole week. She spent her extra time practicing potions or reading.

"Granger....Granger....Granger!" Someone whispered yelled. Hermione looked up from her book, a little annoyed. Draco Malfoy was standing there; his hands were on the table, his usually messily slicked back hair falling in his face, his face showing obvious annoyance.

"Yes Malfoy?" Hermione said with her posh voice.

"You excell at charms. Correct?" Draco responded in his business voice.

"Yes, what do you need." Hermione repied, looking Draco up and down.

"Excellent. I acquire your help." He sat down across from her, pulling out his book.

"I want something in return Malfoy. I'm not free."

"Well, what do you want?" He seemed willing to offer anything.

"Help me with advanced potions. Actually," Hermione said, rethinking her original thought, "When I have a question about potions, you have to answer. I know you excell at potions, more than me."

"Fine, but that means you also have to answer any of my charms questions. Is that fair?"

"I suppose.....Now, what is your question?"

For the next twenty minutes, they conversed about charms and potions. Debating which was better and which was easier. At one point, the librarian had to tell them to quiet down. These arguments were not uncommon though, these two often got into serious debates and had to often leave. This was one of those cases, the librarian kicked them out. She told them to argue somewhere else. So they did.

Draco and Hermione argued litterally the whole way to the astronomy tower. "That's ridiculous! Here you go." He helped her up into a secret aclove they had found a while back.

"Thank you. What do you mean potions is way easier!?" Hermione said, quickly switching back to arguing. She helped him up into the aclove too. They briefly stopped arguing, neither of them could ever get over the aclove they found. It seemed very small but it was huge. If you pulled back a curtain, a wall of book and comfy couches. Could you call them friends? They would say no, they are only acquaintances. But in reality, they were friends, very close friends in fact. Neither would admit it but, they truly enjoyed their time together.

Their friendship was bound to happen at sometime. Harry and Ron couldn't be around her forever. After all, they had to live their own lives and Hermione and Draco were very similar, no one could doubt that.

Draco sat on the table and Hermione sat in a chair. Their conversation had moved on from potions and charms to whatever came to mind.

"And you won't believe this Malfoy!" Hermione lightly smacked his knee.

"What? Do tell."

"Brown and Parvati Patel would not shut up! I was pacing back and forth and they just kept trash talking me! They calle me ugly, have they ever looked in a mirror?"

"Wouldn't they break it?" Both hooted with laughter.

"Well, I better get going Malfoy." Hermione stood up, pushing her chair in.

"Do you have to?" Draco complained, "The common room is terribly boring."

"You can attempt to avoid all the girls." Hermione said almost curtly.

"You aren't jelous?" He rose an eyebrow also standing, inching closer to Hermione, who didnt back down.

"No." Hermione denied taking a step back.

"I know I would, if people were looking at you with such thoughts." Draco now stood right in front of Hermione, looking down at her as she looked up at him. They stared each other down, daring one to back down.

Eventually Hermione did. Only because Draco took a step closer, closing the gap inbetween them. "Alright! You win!" Hermione declared taking a step back. "I have to go now."

"If you must." Draco drawled, following to the door. They walked back to the hallway that led to the dungeon and tower. They waved to each other then parted ways.

Would he actually get jealous? Hermione's heart fluttered a little bit. I almost hope he wasn't joking. Maybe he wasnt..... Hermione subconsciously smiled and walked back to the tower. She ignored Lavender and Parvati a smile still on her face as she went to her bed. Shoot! I don't think I answered Draco! Hermione quickly wrote her response

Draco walked back to the dungeons, embarrassed. Why'd I say that? He rubbed the back of his neck and made his way to his bed. On his bed was a origami swan he opened it and smiled lightly. ' I guess I would be jealous.... But outwardly saying so takes guts....Didn't know you had any.'

Oh Granger. How odd you are. He smiled lightly as he wrote back. 'Obviously I'm not gutless. Mere minutes after he sent the letter she wrote back. 'Oh really? Then meet me at the place at 10.' "Oh Granger...." he whispered to himself writing back his response. 'Of course I'll meet you can't wait to see what is in store. There was no response back, he didnt expect one either.
   At ten o clock sharp Draco arrived. He swaggered in and sat down as if he owned the place, "so what's in store?"
   Hermione set down the book she was reading, "Truth or Dare."
    "Ooo. How does this prove I have guts?"
    Hermione smirked, "you'll see."
So they started their game of Truth or Dare, nearly 10 minutes in intresting things happened.
   "I dare you to say yes to every question I ask you for 5 minutes."
   "Challenge accepted!" Hermione exclaimed, "my turn. Truth or dare?"
   "Truth."
"Why'd you want to be my friend?"
   "Because I like you." Draco said quickly, his face red. "Truth or Dare." He asked before Hermione could even process what he said.
    "D-dare."
"I dare you to go out with me."
    "Yes!"
"What?"
    "Yes! Draco, I like you."
"Oh, so like, you like me?"
   Hermione sighed and kissed him, "yes."
   "Oh..." Draco said softly, touching his lips, "I like you too."