Chapter 28: Not A Game

It's been days, three to be exact. I've avoiding Jungkook outside of any activity that won't involve the prom. After those meetings are done, it's my mission to stay out of Jungkook's way.

I've managed to act normal to and from school with my excuses for not being able to hangout. Some are less than impressive but they are sufficient enough to rid the boy off of me for a few hours at least.

Jungkook's catching on although. He started to catch on the moment I told him I couldn't hangout that day after we kissed. At first he pushed it off as it was awkward for him too. Then he started going back to normal which was a point I never returned to.

I'm seeing the annoyance when I run away or make up some dumb excuse for getting to class early. He's not going to act this way for long. Once he thinks it's gone on for too long, he's ought to do something about it. Because that's just who he is.

The entire lecture today he's been staring at me and it looks as if he's already got a plan to stop me before we can reach the car to go home. Maybe I should suffice with one of the other boys today and just tell Jungkook I got another ride offer. No, they would let him know the second I asked.

Crap, how am I going to do this?

"Remember class, this Friday your assigned project is due with your partner. Under no circumstances will you be receiving an extension. That is unless there is a doctor excusal involved. Do what you please until the bell rings." immediately the room fills with noise and loud murmurings. Those five minutes the teacher give us are expediently used for the beneficial factors of us being teenagers that can't keep their mouths shut.

I keep my movements at bay as I subtly turn in my seat so when the bell rings I can make my escape. "So Y/n," Jungkook interrupts my convenient thinking to avoid him. "-when are we going to work on this project?" this is all part of his master plan to get me talking to him again. Not once since the time we've come back have we actually worked on a project. We end up face-timing at an ungodly hour the morning of to whip up some BS to manifest a somewhat good grade.

"Um, well you see Jungkook, I'm actually very busy today. My, uh sister has a uh...dance recital? Yeah, a dance recital!" my words sounded too excited for it being a dance recital, not to mention I questioned my own words beforehand. By the look on his face, I can tell he's not sold.

I can see his tongue tracing the inside of his cheek before his lips open and a popping sound follows. His phone he had been holding is now being placed down as he turns in his chair to fully face me. Well, crap. If I were to run at this point I'd get about as far as the pencil sharpener.

"Can I go with?" he grins innocently as he eyes my reaction carefully. The rhythmic tap of his fingers against the hard wood of the desks is heard prominently. 

I purse my lips and bite the inside of my cheek as I avoid eye contact. "Well, I mean we can't have Reece see you or then she might just mess up her-" the bell interrupts the fondling of my words. I have never been so happy to hear that obnoxious ringing noise. 

"Look at that, time to go!" I clap loudly before swiveling in my seat to reach my bag so I can make my grand escape I've been contemplating this entire time. 

But then I'm stopped by none other than Jungkook.

I grimace and grit my teeth. He caught me.

My form stills as my heads turns for me to peer over my shoulder. His expression is almost one of pure heedless understanding. And that's what any other person in this case would think. Even his best acting skills cant fool me. His eyes are what express his greatest feelings and mysteries, the window to his soul. Those eyes used to be nothing I could peer through with that pitch blackness that held them captive but now, his emotions are all I can see.