Chapter 36: Why?

02/10/2019 - 02/11/2019:

Extra Chapter update! Hope you guys like it.

Thanks for Reading, Commenting and Voting! 

Have a great week everyone!

Helena's P.O.V.

"Give up princess. I won." lowering his head he whispers. "I will always win."

I try lifting my hips up to try to get his weight off me, but Kane is too heavy. "Get off me." gritting through the mouthpiece in my mouth. I hate being in this position. Weak and vulnerable like I felt the times I almost got raped.

"Give up and stop trying to fight me. You are not going to win. Have you not learned your lesson?"

Shaking my head no, I bend my knee lifting my hips up again. I am not going to give up. Not on my life and not when it comes to Kane wanting to control me.

I buck again. The bastard shifts so he is sitting on my hips now. I can feel his crotch on mine and I stop moving. Kane stares down at me. Bringing his right hand up to his mouth, he undoes the velcro on the glove and proceeds to do the same on the other one. When he is done, he takes them off throwing them to the side of him on the mat.

He lowers his head, eye to eye with mine. "Give. Up."

I stare back. "No. Never." moving my body from side to side. Lifting my arms up I start to punch him on his chest and after a few hits, he grabs both of my wrists tightly.

"Stop Helena. You are going to get hurt." he grits back.

"All I have been getting is hurt Kane. By you. Since you saved me that night. Since you took me, abused me and tormented me. You threatened me, my family and friends. Chased me across the country and killed my friends Kane! YOU KILLED DON! WHY? WHY DID YOU KILL HIM, YOUR OWN BROTHER! YOU SICK SON OF A BITCH! WHY?" I did not want to. I did not want to break down in front of him. Show my weakness. Show him that he can continue hurting me. But I cannot in this moment. I am weak, tired and I miss Don.

"I hate you Kane. I hate you with every fiber in my body. I hate that you showed me another side of evil up close and personal. I hate that I am nobody to you but just a possession. I hate that you control me and think it is normal to do it and I hate that I am a different person because of you. I hate you Kane..." my eyes sting. It is taking everything in me not to cry except some treacherous tears manage to roll down my cheeks. Damn them.

Kane shows no emotion per usual. His cold eyes stay on mine. "EVERYBODY! OUT! NOW!" he screams.

There was not a lot of people there from the beginning. Big Joe speaks after hearing footsteps leave the area. "Hey boss, you need to take it easy."

Kane keeps his eyes on me. "Mind your business, Joe. She is my girl to handle, and I am about to handle her."

"I see that, but I do not think I like the way I think you are going to handle her." Joe says back.

"Do not make me kick you out my way Joe. I consider you a friend so leave. Now." his threat made clearly to Joe.

"I am fine Joe. Please listen to him." there is no way I want his life to end because of me. I like Joe too much to have Kane kill him because he decided to protect me from the devil himself.

"You sure Shorty?" he asks.

"Yes. We will train tomorrow. Thanks for today."

I am not able to see his face, but I hear him sigh heavily. "Okay Shorty. If you say so and boss..."

"What?" Kane snaps annoyed.

"We will be talking later Ripper, know that." making his own subtle threat back.

Kane does not respond, just grunts in response. Hearing Joe's footsteps leave, I thank God he listened and left. He really does not need to end up like Don. I will not be able to forgive myself.

Pinning my wrists above my head, he says. "You want me to stop hurting you? Then fight me, Helena. Show me that you can beat me." his words take me by surprise. Beat him? That is what I have been trying to do all this time.

"I almost did when I pulled the trigger in Brazil. It was too bad I did not aim lower or higher." quipping back.

His eyes squint for a split second then turns colder. "Should have. Could have. But did not. If you ever get the chance again, I suggest you aim towards my head if you really want me dead. Just like I did to Don."

His words feel like a punch in my gut. Why would he say that? "Why would you say that to me you cruel, insensitive psychopath? You killed your own brother for no reason except for being my friend. Only because you made him follow me around. He did not do anything wrong. You killed him with no remorse whatsoever. He was your brother and my only friend you sick bastard! Why? How can you do that to Don?" screaming at the top of my lungs while thrashing, kicking and moving from side to side to get him off.

Kane holds his cold eyes on me. Not relenting from my screams and the melt down I am having. I could have sworn he showed some type of emotion but as soon as it surfaced, it is gone. And before I can continue my efforts to escape, Kane wraps his hand around my neck.

Panic quickly sets in knowing that this time around, Kane may just kill me.