Chapter 25: Lost and Found...

Kane's P.O.V.

... a few days after shooting Donovan...

The distant ringing wakes me up from sleep, though it has been restless for the past weeks. Groaning from the headache that is already resonating in my head, I search blindly on my nightstand. Picking up my cell I answer without checking the caller i.d.

"What?" annoyed that I am woken up so early in the morning.

"Kane. Hey it's me Jimmy. Are you just waking up?"

"What do you think asshole? Is that not what you do when it is early in the morning?"

"Morning? Are you hungover still? Dude, it is one in the afternoon. Did you have a rough night?" Jimmy asks amused.

Rolling over on my back, I take the phone away from my ear and look at the time. Shit, it is after one. "I overslept. I have not been able to sleep lately." admitting to him.

"Yeah, so I have heard."

"Grrr. How?"

"Ace. He told me, plus it was obvious you went off the deep end once you shot D-."

"Well, Ace always had a big mouth."

"Always, but Kane you fucking shot your brother over--."

"Over? He was hiding her from me. I know he knew where she is. All he had to do was tell me." raising my voice.

"Calm down. What if he did not know anything? Huh? Then you would have gotten rid of him for no reason. You lost your brother over a girl. A girl who I know hates you with everything she has. Dude, you broke her, and she did not deserve that. You should have left her alone after what happened at my party. That was her second assault and then you go threaten and terrorize her and anyone who she loves? What the fuck is wrong with you? You have never, ever been like this towards any girl. Then she comes along, and you go fucking psycho over her."

"Do not tell me to calm down Jimmy. I am so sick of people telling me to calm the fuck down. Ace, Donovan and now you. Helena is my girl, and I am not about to just leave her alone after I have..." stopping mid-sentence. Lifting my hand, I rub my temples. The headache is intensifying.

"After what Kane? After you damaged her for any other man who may actually want to love her? Cause bro, you and I both know you do not. You may feel some type of way for her -- but it is not love. I know that and I know you know that. The thing is, will you swallow that fucking pride of yours and just leave the poor girl alone? You got plenty of other girls that will give you what you want, willingly and you are forcing Helena to be who she is not."

"Which is what Jimmy?"

Without missing a beat, he answers. "Your main whore Kane. This girl is pure, and you cannot help but be totally infatuated by her kind. You want to be the first for everything with her just like your dad was with your mom... and you saw how that turned out to be."

"Your wrong Jimmy. I am not like my pops." denying that I could ever be like the low life that donated his sperm to create me.

Jimmy stays silent for a few seconds until he replies. "You know what Kane. You are absolutely right. You are nothing like your pops. You are worse than that son of a bitch and you are too deranged yourself to see it. You saw the way he treated your mom, Don and sister and swore you would not do the same. Yet you topped it. Wake up brother, Helena is going to be your downfall and you do not even know why."

Squinting my eyes shut I exhale. My head is pounding and the anger that is trying to resurface is at its tipping point. Jimmy had no idea what he is talking about. I may not love Helena, but I want her to be mine and only mine.