Chapter 36

Now don't start thinking that I was running like a graceful swan. Try a chicken, that lost a leg and a head.

I fell multiple times and scrapped my knee, but I had to keep going.

I wanted to live.

I kept running and falling till I got to the house. Todd and Neil could be seen playing video games through the window. I walked up to the porch and the door seemed to open on its own.

The door opened to show Gizmo, sitting down looking at me.

*meow*

"Yes Gizmo it's me... long story..."

I walked in through the kitchen to the living room. Neil hadn't noticed me but Todd sure did.

"Sally?"

"No time for a reunion, this is long but you have to hear it all-" and then I flooded them with info, on me, Larry, our experience, the cult, everything.

Neil by the time I was done had stopped playing video games and wrapped his arm around Todd.

I wish Larry was here

I quickly got the thought out of my head and continued talking to the others.

"So you're telling me you had an out of body experience?" Todd questioned.

I quickly nodded.

He just sighed and sat back, rubbing his temples. 'This shouldn't be scientifically possible,"

I stood up, "Ah yes, but it is plausible,"

I walked to the window, hours seemed to have past, still no Larry.

As if on cue a giant thud came from the basement.

Larry?

I ran down the steps to see the back door wide open, Larry passed out on the ground. "Lar!" I yelled trying to get him up.

"I- I got y-your note," Larry's voice was devoid of emotion but weak.

I kneeled by him and hugged him. I didn't want to let go ever again. Neil had come downstairs and saw two of his friends (who he once thought dead or near so) hugging on the floor.

He went and closed the door and turned back to us.

"Come on I'll get him back to his room, you both need sleep," I nodded and watched as he helped Larry up the stairs and into his room.

I stepped into mine but it didn't feel right, it felt lonely, I hated it.

I quickly left and went to Larry's room, walking in without asking and getting into the bed, being mindful of the person already there.

I was just about to go to bed when I heard a voice....

"I love you Sally,"

__________________________________
Oof... very early I know, you can thank a nightmare for that.