Valentine's Day Special!

Start from the beginning

Let's start off by explaining how this all happened to me...

When I was growing up, my parents were friends with my (current) male best friends. It was only natural for the eight of us to be childhood friends. I was the only female best friend they had though; you could expect led up to some unfortunate things. During elementary school, they admitted, all of them somehow developed feelings for me. Not so much of a shocker, I was the only female they hung out with the most. Even so, the seven of them would fight over me like little kids fighting over an action figure. I had no (actual) part in all of these feelings so I ignored it, like normal. But soon, they got out of hand. One lead to another and that's when this day became an excuse for them. I can't be too careless, especially on this day. One mistake, like picking up a certain chocolate given by one of them, could cause a ruckus. If I were to touch one thing on this specific day, when they offer something at the same time, they'll think I liked one of them. That's why; I needed to accept everything at once so none of them got the wrong idea. I wouldn't consider this a curse or a blessing, more like a coincidence that they developed feelings for me. I thought that maybe when we grew up, they'll understand they fell for the wrong person and then move on. But that wasn't the case...

~Continuing~

I sluggishly did my morning routine before walking out of the bathroom. Although I was tired, I knew that my day hasn't started yet. For the past few years, the same males have been fighting over me and my love. They have been trying to make me fall in love with one of them but I simply could not. I knew that today would only be an excuse for them to compete even more, not like they already do. To think that they would through such length to be with someone like... me. They always had something planned for today. But either way, I continued me day like any other. I made my morning tea, and breakfast. Then I went through my social media as I ate my breakfast, and enjoyed my tea. For a while, I had my morning silence. But then, there was a knock on the door. That's when I knew... that my day was officially starting. I got up and headed to the door. When I made it to the door, I opened it without hesitation. I already knew what was going to be behind my door so I didn't need to check. It was no surprise. After all, ever since I started living alone, it was the same every Valentines. When the door was open, I instantly looked down. There at my doorstep was a bouquet of roses.

I picked them up. Then I realized that they weren't real. But they are super pretty, they may be artificial but they're rainbow colored roses. There was only one person I could draw this back to. As I looked at the bouquet more, I noticed a tag or maybe it was a note. Either way, I grabbed it and started reading it. "I wanted you to get you red roses but the others already did that multiple times... and I didn't want to be boring by getting solid colored roses. So I got you colorful ones. Think of these like it's my love for you, it'll live on forever. ~Love, Hoseok." I was right, it was from Hoseok. The good thing about all these years of constant rivalry, they stopped making themselves unknown because then their gifts would get messed up. Yet I have no trouble recognizing who the gifts were from. Every gift resembled them in some sort of way. I returned to my breakfast after placing the bouquet on the counter. Then I started eating again. But not even a second later, there was another knock on the door. "I just sat down," I whined. I got up from my seat without any further complaint. When I opened the door again, I noticed a container of pop cakes. They were heart shaped and wrapped nicely. I picked the container up before reading the note. "These are homemade; I made these with love and you in mind. Enjoy them. Love, Seokjin." I smiled at them before returning to my food.

While waiting for the other gifts, I was able to finish eating. I started washing the dishes but then there was a knock on the door, again. "That's some bad timing," I thought. I dried my hand and went to the door. When the door was open, I found a stuffed animal, more specifically, a stuffed bunny. It was holding a heart. I picked it up. Underneath it was a note. I picked that up too. "I hope one day you'll hop into the love hole with me. ~Love, Jungkook." I chuckled at the note. When I was finished washing the dishes, I decided to chill on my couch. Then I continued looking through my social media. After a few seconds, there was another knock. I went to the door, again, and opened it. Then I noticed that it was heart plushy, kind of like a pillow. I picked up the note on top of heart and they the plushy/pillow. "I love you. Love, Yoongi." "Isn't that straightforward," I couldn't help but smile. When I returned to the couch, I couldn't even sit down. There was another knock. I went to the door and saw a box. When I picked it up, I opened it to find a note. I took the note out before seeing a diamond heart necklace. Then I read the note. "You're worth more than diamonds. ~Love, Jimin." I returned to the couch with the pillow, the one from Yoongi, and the necklace. When I placed them down, another knock signaled me. I walked back to the door and opened it. Outside was another box. I picked it up. Then I opened it. When it was opened, I found a tiny note on top, to what seems to be, some type of clothing. I took out the note before pulling out the item. When it was out, it turned out to be black hoodie with the word "Love," in red and white colored font, running down the sleeves. "Maybe one day you'll be wearing my clothes. But for now, this is all we can share together. ~Love, Namjoon." "Share, does he have a matching one?" I asked myself. When I stepped back in, and placed the hoodie down. There was the knocking again. "This is the last one," I thought. After all that moving back and forth, it was coming to an end. Well, the morning routine is coming to the end. I opened the door and saw a big white teddy bear sitting on my door step. On one of its legs was a note. I grabbed it and read it. "This was cute; it reminded me of you... because you're cute. ~Love, Taehyung." I smiled before picking the stuffed bear up. It was so big that it was so hard to see where I was going. But when I made back into my home, I shut the door behind me. Even with all this effort, it was just the beginning.