13

[Mina's POV]

I was waiting outside the ER along with auntie and the other two officers that I once saw in the gym.

After long hours of waiting, the door opened, revealing the surgeon.

"Doctor, how's my son?" Auntie asked.

"In the midst of the operation, he lost too much blood and now he is in coma. The bullet almost hit his spiral cord but fortunately, it didn't. But we still have to observe him for some time as the wound is quite deep. And don't worry, his current situation is fine." The doctor said.

"Thanks god..." Auntie said as she clasped her hands together and closed her eyes.

"Can we go in to see him?" I asked.

"He will be transferred to normal ward shortly and you can go in to see him." The doctor said and I thanked him.

He bowed and left while the two officers approached us.

"Aunt-" An officer is been cut off by auntie.

"Don't talk to me... I thought you are Chaeyoung's friend? How could you fire at him?" Auntie said while glaring at the guy that fired at Chaeyoung.

"I'm sorry auntie. But believe me, you will know why later." The guy said.

Once the nurse informed us that Chaeyoung is transferred to a normal ward, there are already two police officers guarding outside his ward.

"Sir." The two officers greeted the guy that fired at Chaeyoung simultaneously.

The guy opened the door and we went in.

He make sure that the door is closed before going to Chaeyoung and slapped his bicep.

Auntie and I were shocked.

Auntie was about to shout at the guy but Chaeyoung suddenly let out a cry.

"Ouch... Why did you slap me so hard?" Chaeyoung asked as he rubbed his bicep.

"Chaeyoung?" I called and he looked at me.

"Hi baby." He said and I rushed to hugged him.

"You're fine? How come? I thought the doctor say that you're in coma?" I asked.

"It was his idea." Chaeyoung said and pointed to the guy that slapped him earlier.

[Chaeyoung's POV]

Yes, it was just an act.

Because Jeongyeon received a call from Ang Ziyong, reporting about my whereabouts.

As a superior, he can't just let the phone call off so he informed me secretly to standby an act.

*Flashback*

I was on my way to the spa until I heard my phone beeped.

Jeongyeon: Hey! Prepare a small bag of fake blood.

Me: Why so?

Jeongyeon: Ang Ziyong called to the police station to report about your whereabouts. The other superiors heard it so I can't just let you off this time. I will bring air pistol and air bullet. I will shoot your hips later so place the fake blood there. Once I shoot, acted like you start to faint. Ang Ziyong and his accomplices will be watching at the back.

Me: Okay.

I then went to buy some red thick liquid which look like blood.

After that, I placed it at my hips and left to the spa.