Lost Girls

Elena: What are you?

Stefan: You know.

Elena: No. I don't.

Stefan: Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here.

Elena: It's not possible. It can't be.

Stefan: Everything you know, and every belief that you have, is about to change. Are you ready for that?

Elena: What are you?

Stefan: (pause) I'm a vampire.

Elena: I shouldn't have come.

Stefan: No....please...please.

Elena: No! (turns and runs towards her car)........How did you do that?

Stefan: Please don't be afraid of me.

Stefan: I'll explain everything to you, but I beg you, Elena...do not tell anybody.Elena: How can you ask me that?

Stefan: Because you knowing this is dangerous! For so many reasons. You can hate me, but I need you to trust me.

Elena: Just go. Just go, please...go. If you mean me no harm then you'll go.

Stefan: I never wanted this.

Damon: Where are you, Stefan? I'm trapped, at the house, and I'm getting really bored and really impatient, and I don't do bored and impatient.Damon: I want my ring.

Stefan: Where are you?

Damon: I'm at the sizzler. I had the buffet. Where's my ring?

Stefan: I don't have it. Where are you? What have you done?

Damon: Nooo, what have YOU done? You're the one that locked me in the basement and starved me, so whatever I've done - whoever I've sucked dry - is on you, buddy.

Stefan: You're being careless. How many more animal attacks is this town gonna believe, huh?

Damon: I know how to cover my tracks, Stefan! Where's my ring?!

Stefan: I gave it to Zach to hide. You probably shouldn't have killed him.

Damon: Ahhh, you almost got me. Where is it?

Stefan: I'll get it back. But I need time.

Damon: What, did you Fed-Ex it to Rome?! Where is it?! I want my ring, Stefan...or my next stop's Elena's.

Stefan: I already want you dead; don't give me another reason to make it happen.

Damon: Don't give me another reason to rip you apart.

Stefan: Yeah? Is that gonna be before or after you get your ring back?

Damon: Just get it.Stefan: Elena...give me today. I will answer any questions that you have, and when it's over, you can decide for yourself what you want to do with what you know. It'll be your choice.Elena: What are we doing here?

Stefan: I want to show you something.

Elena: In the middle of nowhere?

Stefan: This didn't use to be "nowhere." This used to be my home.

Stefan: What Damon wants, Damon usually gets.Elena: So how...?

Stefan: I've been 17 years old since 1864.

Stefan: That's the thing about Damon. He doesn't get mad. He just gets even.

Elena: You knew Katherine in 1864? Damon made it seem like...

Stefan: Damon was trying to make you think that I was still heart-broken. He saw that I was happy with you and he wanted to ruin it.

Elena: All because you loved the same woman, a hundred and forty-five years ago?

Stefan: That necklace contains an herb called Vervain. It protects you from being compelled. I wanted to protect you from Damon's influence. But I also wanted to protect you from me.Vicki: Don't you want to be in love?

Damon: I've been in love. It's painful, pointless, and overrated.

Damon: No more talking. Let's dance!Damon: I think I know what can help you.

Vicki: What's that?

Damon: Death.Stefan: Right now, she doesn't remember anything. A part of her's still human. Slowly, the deeper she gets into the transition, the memories will start to come back, and then she'll know she has to make the choice.

Elena: The same choice you made?

Damon: May I come in? Oh wait, of course I can, I've been invited.Damon: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess - Stefan finally fessed up.Damon: Don't look at me with those judgy little eyes. That girl is gonna thank me for what I did to her.

Elena: Did you thank Katherine?

Damon: Got the whole life story, huh?

Elena: I got enough.

Damon: Oh, I doubt that.Damon: Tip for later - be careful who you invite in the houseDamon: (when Logan tried to kill Stefan and Damon saved him) If anyone's gonna kill you, it's gonna be me.Stefan: I'll take care of it. I'll find her and I will show her that she can live like I do. I'm gonna make sure that she does not hurt anybody, Elena, I promise you...

Elena: What do I tell my brother, and...and Matt?!

Stefan: We'll come up with a story.

Elena: You mean we'll come up with a lie?

Stefan: I'm so sorry...

Elena: I gave you today just like you asked. And I understand that you would never do anything to hurt me, and I promise I will keep your secret, but...I can't be with you, Stefan. I'm sorry, I...I just can't.