"It's pretty quiet out there, good luck," Jess, a day shift worker comments, as she passes by me. I take a black boa from a nearby stand and check my makeup in the full-length mirror. I stand and wait for my music cue.

The electronic beats from the song playing creates a mesmerizing trance. I slink through the velvet curtains and pace the faded violet stage, like it's my runway. I slip the fur boa off my shoulders and thrust it between my legs, making the whole room focus on one thing—me.

Eye contact is the key as so much of a person can be read through their eyes and reading them is simple. In my line of work, you tend to pick up a few tricks which can help with tips, especially knowing your customers. You have the lonely guys who want to be noticed are the married ones who want some extra attention. You get the partying guys, who stumble in drunk and pass out, hunched over a table. Lastly, the shy ones, wearing baggy clothes and sit in the corners. I have been doing this for a long time, so it's easier to spot the big tippers. These are the ones you want to draw in and have begging for more.

Every ounce of my focus is fixed on trying not to lose my grip on the pole. Sweat isn't your friend when trying to hold yourself upright on smooth steel. Slowly, I ease myself down and sink onto the floor. My now soaked, fiery red hair is a mess and I push it back away from my face, mentally cursing the ridiculous heat from the lack of air-conditioning. Willie, the owner of this dive rarely spends a dime on maintenance.

Working with what I've got, I forget the pole and do my best to make sweaty look sexy. A few flicks of my thong and seductive mouth gestures are great distraction. The song is wrapping up, and every guy is lingering around the stage. But one in particular, is seated in the back corner. Not being able to place his face, I assume it must be his first time here. If he wants a show, then I may as well give him one.

A guy in a nice button up has slipped more than enough bills my way tonight, so I choose him. I crawl slowly towards his way and notion with my finger for him to come up on the stage. He climbs up, eagerly hurrying towards me. My hand meets his chest, stopping him. I push him backward with a little force, allowing me to straddle his waist. With my knees either side of him, I place my hand on his chest, so he is lying flat on his back. With my other hand, I undo my red lacy bra and let it fall off. The guy is now thoroughly enjoying himself, as is most of the crowd. His bulge enlarges between my thighs and I lean down letting my breasts tease his face, causing him to grin excitedly.

"Careful, baby, wouldn't want you making a mess now." I taunt him with a hushed voice, gently brushing my lip over his ear lobe. My eyes dart towards the back of the room and I see my admirer shift his position. He stands up and his searing gaze connects with my eyes for a brief moment, just before his full-length trench coat brushes against the floor as he disappears out the front entrance. I get this strange feeling from him and it makes me cautious. A sense of uneasiness washes over me, similar to the one I had on my way here, causing my stomach to tense. Guys come here to see me dance, but it was as if he was studying me. I reach for my bra and scoop up the last of my tips, disappearing through the back curtain. A giggle a little about leaving the guy in bliss on the stage.

"They're all yours Tina," I encourage her, lightly slapping the fishnet covering her ass as I slip past her.

"Cali, I don't know how you do that girl!" she exclaims, lacing up her white, thigh high boot. "You always get them guys in such a state, I'm jealous."

"Pure skill." I gloat, poking my tongue out at her.

I head toward the nearest freezer and try my hardest not to climb inside. It's hard to explain the rush you get from entertaining a crowd, and it always takes me a while to come down once I get off stage. Most of the other girls here are good at what they do and bring in a large volume of customers. However, lately, it has been a heck quieter than normal. This is mostly to do with the fact the girls are steering clear of the pole. One of the dancers, Avalon, slipped and sprained her wrist a few nights ago. Willie needs to wake up to himself because if he fixes the air, then us girls will make him more money. He said it would be done by last week, yet, we're still melting.