2 ~ Energy

As I step beside Thane on the edge of the curb, he takes my hand. It's strange that my first instinct isn't to pull away. He instructs me to take a deep breath in, and before I can finish my thought, all the remaining air is emptying from my lungs. That motion you get from spinning around quickly also makes my stomach clench.

An intense air current sweeps around us, which makes me blink rapidly as my hair lashes my eyes. I steady my feet and struggle to inhale.

"Dude... was that really... necessary?" I cough, forcing my words out while gasping for air. There's now a slight breeze caressing my neck, and I spin around looking out at the city night skyline. Great, he is a vampire.

"Look, this has been real. If you could make away with this little facade, I'm going home." V's love to get in your head and make you think that you're seeing or feeling what they want you to. We aren't on top of a high-rise building in the middle of the city right now, he wants me to think I am. Done with this little show, I start to walk towards what looks like a building's ledge.

"Be careful, you wouldn't want to fall." His words taunt at me.

"Nice try, mister, but I'm onto you." With a carefree look in my eyes I step off. It takes no time to realize that I am indeed plummeting towards the streets below and this is all real. A thought that I committed suicide without realizing floods over me and these are my final moments. Wind tears at my clothes, forcing them against my body as it fights through the air currents. It's almost impossible to move any limb, but I try to look around at the city lights while everything starts to blur. Once again, the oxygen is ripped from my lungs, similar to when Thane took my hand the first time.

Two very warm hands are tightly wrapped around my torso and then the noise from the wind stops and the grip loosens. It takes a few seconds to conclude I'm back on the rooftop.

"I tried to warn you," he gloats. I push away from him and part of me wants to thank him for saving me, but I also want to punch him in the face, as it was his fault I fell. His little stunt proves that he isn't a vamp, so, I rattle off other beings.

"Demon, ghoul, warlock—" stopping, as I can't recall anything in existence that can do what he just did.

"Angel." His words halt me from my pacing and I snort at him.

"If you're here to take me to heaven, then you're too late, my ride is probably down." I throw back at him. I ponder his reveal for a few seconds then scoff at him. "Firstly, I am pretty sure that's something I'd know about. Secondly, if you're an angel, then why were you in a strip club and what do you want with me?" I ask, wondering what he could possibly tell me now. There's a lot of different things in this world, but angels, here walking around on earth—unlikely.

"We do not set about to make ourselves known." He stops, and it looks as if he is thinking something over. "You are the first of your kind that we have come across in a very long while. All I want from you, is to simply allow me to help." His voice is so tranquil that it could easily sway you to do as he willed. He is extremely attractive, and that chiseled chin could chip stone. But still, he must have a few screws loose as this is crazy.

"Help?" I query, with no clue what his deal is. We have got to this point, so I decide to let this continue and hear him out. His face goes taunt, as though he's processing something again. I could be wrong but it's either that or he has zoned out.

"You seem nice and you have a cool teleporting power thing, but I got shit to do, get to your point." My arms are now folded over my chest.

"It is called astralmorphing, he huffs. "Calith Rae Zorra, you are different, special. I'm merely wanting to help guide you, that is all."