Meeting your parents pt 2

Yeeeeeee! Enjoyyy

(1325 words)

✔️EDITED✔️

Your POV

"Yes, this is my boyfriend Devan." I tell my mom.

"Nice to meet you Devan. I'm m/n(moms name), y/n's mom." She open her arms for a hug. Devan hugs her awkwardly while I giggle a tiny bit.

"How is dad?" I ask my mom once they are finished hugging.

"Your father is doing alright. I bet he'll be very happy to see you." She motions inside the house. "Come in!"

Devan and I walk inside their apartment. They told me it was just a small, cheap place that they'll be staying in for a while. But what I'm seeing is definitely not small, nor cheap.

Right when you walk in you see a very nice living room. With black leather couches, a white, fuzzy carpet, a glass coffee table in the centre and a really nicely decorated gas fireplace. Over top of the fireplace are some yellowy-white fairy lights. On the coffee table I see some newspapers and a small centrepiece. It looks like some leaves and berries. I'm not close enough to see every detail though.

The next room I see is the dining room. Also very nice, I'm not going to say everything but the thing that catches my eye is their deck. I love the view of the city. Nighttime is my favourite time to look out a window at the city. It's really pretty with all the bright lights in the darkness.

"Your apartment is really nice." Devan tells my mom.

"Thank you. We redecorated right after moving in here.

"Hey, can you guys decorate my house?" Devan jokes. My mom laughs and I hear my another person walk into the living room.

"Y/n!" My dad walks towards me and we both hug.

"Hi dad." I smile.

"It's so nice to see you again. How have you been doing?" He asks after glancing at Devan.

"I've been doing great."

"This is your boyfriend?" Dad looks at Devan up and down. I can tell Devan is uncomfortable.

"Hello. I'm Devan." Devan puts his hand out and breaks the silence.

"Nice to meet you." My dad shakes his hand and stares into his eyes.

"Y/n! Help me in the kitchen please!" Mom grabs my hand and pulls me towards the kitchen.

"Okay!" I don't resist and speed walk behind her.

Devan's POV

Y/n and her mom leave me alone with her dad. He stares at me as I awkwardly stand here. "Sit. Let's talk." He orders so I walk towards the couch and take a seat.

"Wow, it's comfortable." I say under my breath.

"Devan." Y/n's dad says my name so I look up at him.

"Yes?" I say nervously.

"We need to talk about your relationship with my daughter." He says and I gulp.

"What about our relationship?" I can feel his eyes burning through my head. It feels like he's reading my thoughts or possessing me.

"My daughter is a very caring person. She tends to rely on and trust people very easily. You're dating her, so you must've known that by now."

"Yes sir." I nod.

"I'm worried for her. If you break her heart or hurt her in any way, I will do something about it." He pauses for a second and I gulp. "Got that?"

All I can do is nod and hum a simple, "mhm."

"Good. I'm not trying to scare you or anything. I just want to protect my daughter. She's everything to her mother and I, so I want to make sure she's safe." He softens his tone and smiles a little bit.

"Don't worry about her. She's perfectly safe with me. I love your daughter and I would never hurt her or break her heart on purpose." I say sincerely and realize, I just told y/n's father that I love her before I got a chance to tell her! I think and stare down at my hands.

"Oh?" He chuckles. "Make sure she checks up on us once in a while okay, Devan? I want to learn about you some more. To make sure you're worthy of being in a relationship with y/n."

"Dinner is ready and the table is set!" M/n comes out froze the kitchen with dishes filled with food. Y/n walks out a few seconds after with some water and one more dish.

Y/n's dad and I start walking towards the table. "Oh! I never got your name." I say.

"D/n(dads name)." He says and we continue walking towards the table.

I sit down beside y/n and her parents sit across from us. Her mom smiles at us and says, "you can start serving yourselves."

"Thank you for this lovely dinner!" I say as I grab myself some food.

"It was nothing, really. Now, tell us about yourself Devan. Like, what's your occupation?" She asks me amused.

"My job? Actually I'm a youtuber. My brother and I collaborate on his channel. We make all sorts of videos. It pays really well too." I boast about my job. "I also do a lot of art. As you probably know, y/n and I met in an art class that we both go to."

"That sounds quite fun. Also, I remember y/n mentioning that you were an artist as well. Can we see some sometime? Maybe, could we buy something from you?" M/n looks at me with a smile.

"Devan and I could paint or draw you something. And, we'll do it for free. You're family!" Y/n stops eating for a minute and blurts this out excitedly.

"Thank you." D/n smiles. Woah, I haven't really seen him smile like that since we got here.

~time skip~

"Thank you so much for inviting us over Mr and Mrs l/n(last name)." I say to y/n's parents with a smile.

"You guys can come again anytime." D/n says kindly. When you get to know him he's really not so bad.

"It was nice meeting you Devan." M/n says smiling. I love my mom but, that was a good dinner.

"Bye!" Y/n says impatiently. She's probably sick of waiting for us to stop talking. Actually, y/n hasn't really said much at all.

"Bye." Her mom and dad say in unison.

"Bye." I wave as y/n pulls me away from the door.

We walk out to our car and y/n turns around and look at me before opening her door. "So you really must like my parents huh?"

"Is that a bad thing..?" I ask nervously.

"No! Devan, it's great! If my parents like you that means they wouldn't mind if we made anything official or.. I don't know! Other stuff that parents sometimes don't like if they don't like the person their child likes!" Y/n hugs me with a giant smile.

"You l-looked mad!" I say surprised.

"I was just trying not to smile too much! I didn't want my parents to worry!" She laughs.

"Makes sense." I laugh along with her.

"Hey. Do you want to go out tonight some more?" Y/n asks me.

"Where would we go at this time of night?"

Your POV

"Well.. I was thinking we could go out for drinks. Both of us are old enough!" I say excitedly.

"I'm driving us home though!" Devan argues.

"We'll call a cab! Please??" I beg him.

"Fine. Only because you're my girlfriend and I want to give you everything you ask for." He holds my hands and kisses my cheek.

"Let's go get drunk!" I get in the passenger seat and Devan gets in the driver seat.

Yep, that's how I'm finishing this chapter. Sorry it took so long. I explained that in, "I'm so late.." so read that if you want to know what has been going on. Thanks for reading! Bye bye~