The REAL confession(cliffhanger)

This story is set maybe 3 months or so in the future.

✔️EDITED✔️

(1494 words)

Devan's POV

Today is the day. The day I finally confess to y/n. I've liked her since we first met, and my like has grown stronger till the point where you might even be able to call it love. She's the most beautiful, talented, and nicest person I know. Sometimes when we are hanging out I get the urge to hold her in my arms and never let go. Sadly, that's impossible for me to do.

I've been thinking of a way to confess for a while now and I finally found a way, that I can do without exploding.

The only problem is, I won't get a chance to see her reaction. It could be good or bad but, I'm just too nervous to even go near her.

The way I'll confess is a YouTube video on my channel, just for y/n. I'll text her to check out my recent and hopefully she'll see it.

I guess I could film the video now, but I haven't really thought of what I'm going to say. I'll need a script to go off of. Or maybe I shouldn't.. whatever way is more thoughtful. I want this to come from my heart. Not off a piece of paper that I've already rehearsed.

Reality doesn't work like this. So why should a video?

I grab the camera and set it up in my room. My room is too plain for the topic though.

I need to decorate.

"Collins!" I yell to him as I grab the car keys.

"What's up?" He answers.

"I'm going to the store to buy stuff for a video! Do you mind if I take your car?"

"Why can't you take your own?" He asks.

"Because we let my friend borrow it for the week!" I say. "Have you already forgotten?!"

"Oh yeah. You can take it!"

I run out the door with my wallet in my pocket and hop in the car.

I drive off to the store and think of what I'm going to buy.

By the time my car is parked, I've thought out everything for the background. To make it special.

I write down everything on a piece of paper.

Rose petals
White fairy lights
Candles

That's all I thought about. There isn't much, but it took a long time to plan out how I'm going to decorate as well.

I walk into the store with my list and go to the plant section. There aren't any rose petals by themselves. Well, that would be stupid.. so I grab a few roses and put them in a basket.(by stupid I meant they'd dry out.)

An elderly lady walks up to me and says, "is there a special someone that these are for?"

"Yeah.." I blush.

"I remember when I was young and in love like you." She smile and starts walking away. "Good luck."

"Thanks." I answer while thinking, 'good luck?'

Welp. Roses, check!

Rose petals✔️
White fairy lights
Candles

The next thing I buy is the fairy lights. I think they'd look romantic with the roses. This is going to look really nice for y/n.

Fairy lights, check!