TWENTYSEVEN| over the storm.

Christopher Brown

"I NEED YALL TO LAND THAT CHOPPER! I HAVE A STAB AND GUN WOUND VICTIM! HURRY THE HELL UP." I yelled into my walkie talkie as I tried to contain some of the bleeding that Nori was experiencing. "Hold on Nori. Please baby hold on."

She groaned. Her face was dark red as she kept trying to breath.

Right before I walked in I heard the gun shots. He got her just above her heart and she must've moved because he shot one of his workers. Them being distracted from that caused me to come and kill all three of them.

Nori grabbed my arm as tears ran down her face.

"Baby I got you, you're going to be okay." I told her.

"Just....let...me die...please."

"No! The chopper is on its way. You're going to be okay baby."

She started coughing and blood poured out of her mouth. Tears filled my eyes because I know that's usually not a good sign. Her family is going to hate me for all of this. They're right. I should've protected her so much better. "Nori I'm so sorry all of this is my fault. I told you nothing would happen to you and look at this mess we're in. I should've worked over time to get Mani but I slacked up. I thought he couldn't get to you if you were with me. I was so wrong, and I'm so sorry baby."

She cried again as she tried to not choke on her own blood.

Tears poured down my face. "Where's that chopper?!" I yelled into my walkie

"There's no landing space. The ambulance is almost to the house. Tell Nori to please hold on." Corey said.

Nori reached up and touched my face before her eyes shut.

"Nori....Nori....baby." I grabbed her hand hoping she'd grasp mine "Baby please....hold my hand Nori." I checked for a pulse but couldn't find one. "No no no! Baby please wake up. Wake uuuup!" I pulled her to my chest and held her tight, crying harder.

The door flew open and EMS came inside with a stretcher. "We have to get her sir."

"I couldn't find a pulse." I gently laid her down on the floor then stood up. One of the paramedics got beside her and started checking for a pulse.

"I got one but it's faint. Bring me a breathing machine." She said

The other one rushed out while they others started dressing her wounds. It's like they all were moving in slow motion. Doing everything to her body to save her. After hooking her up to oxygen, they placed her on the gurney and rolled her out.

"Sir will you be riding with her?"

"I can't leave, this is my crime scene."

"Brown, go." Corey said while walking inside with forensics. "Make sure she straight."

I nodded then followed the paramedic out to the ambulance. I climbed in the back and sat next to Nori. Once the doors were closed they pulled off. I brought Nori's hand to my lips and softy kissed it as they placed an IV in her arm. "Is she going to be alright?" I asked.

"We'll do all we can."

I just closed my eyes. She has to pull through.

¥¥

Pacing the private waiting room floor, I was anxious to hear something from Nori's doctor even though it's only been an hour. The bullet went through and through near her shoulder and she didn't need surgery unless they couldn't stop the bleeding near her femoral artery in her leg.