TWENTY NINE

Know matter how you try your best to get what you want, if it really wasn't for you, you can't do anything. Just like how Verra felt while watching Cage being hugged by a woman, a woman she knows. Another pain of regret succumb her heart and she knew by then, she will be pulled by another heartaches.

She continues to watch them as her tears streamed down her face. "W-why?" Naibulong nalang niya 'yon. "I...I can't lose you,Cage. I thought you'd wait for me?..but..but w..what happened? Don't.. don't you love me anymore?"

She wanted to face him and confront him in person but she couldn't get the gut to do that when she clearly was the one who left him in the first place. But, she trusted Cage's promise so much. Seems like, it is really true that promises are meant to be broken.

"Verra, you're hurting yourself, stop crying for Pete's sake" Lucy caressed her back and hushed her. She's 7 months pregnant with their first child but she still decided to go with her. Ang naabutan nga lang nilang tagpo sa harapan ng bahay ni Cage ngayon ay ang pagyayakapan ng binata at ang babaeng si Vicka.

"Let's go" aniya, inalis na ang tingin sa dalawang taong hindi matapos-tapos sa pagngingitian. Tila hirap pa ang mga ito sa paghihiwalay, hindi manlang magawang alisin ang tingin sa isa't isa.

Aren't they too lovely? Hah! What a sarcastic tone on her mind.

"Why don't you talk to him? You should get outside the car and approach them. What if they are just talking about..business?" Hindi rin sigurado na ani Lucy sa kaniya.

"What for?" She wiped her tears and smiled bitterly to her friend. "To hurt myself more? I know it was my fault, Lucy. I left him when he thought we were finally okay. I left him because of my priority, my parents. I left him when he pleaded me to stay. It is all my fault. I got myself into this pain. Dapat lang sa akin na masaktan kasi iniwanan ko siya"

"Sige! What if you stayed here? What will happen to your business there? May mga kompanya din ang mga tito at tita mo doon! They can't manage their company and your factory at the same time given that your factory have problems that time! Kung hindi nga naka-graduate ngayon ang mga anak nila ay hindi nila mamamanage ang factory niyo and hindi ka na uuwi dito! Doon ka na mabubulok. Your father wanted you to manage your factory even in a short period of time! Tito Bernard loves the factory, kaya ganoon nalang ang naging desisyon mo, hindi ba? Gusto niyang makita na na-manage mo 'yon kahit sa huling hininga niya manlang. Remember when you doesn't want to manage your factory at Villa Larra? Hinayaan niya 'yon but he asked you to manage the main factory after you graduated but you ran away. Hindi ka ba masaya na napasaya mo si Tito kahit sa huling sandali niya manlang dito? I know, we both know, that Tito was so proud of you. You can handle your business without even his help, na kaya mong gawin yung mga bagay na hindi niya nakayanan resolbahin"

She remembered her father when they were in Australia. He was always in her side, complaining about her plans for their factory. Nakukuha pa nga nitong mapalo siya sa braso sa paminsan-minsan niyang pagsusungit. Naroon ito nang masulusyunan niya ang mga problema, nakangiti ng malapad sa kaniya. Tama si Lucy, pareho nilang alam na panatag ang ama niya nang lisanin nito sila.

She could still hear his words. "I am so proud of you,Verra. Always remember that God gave you multiple tests, in everyday of your life. He only wants to shape you as a strong woman, so that you can pass all the trials in your life. Be strong, Verra. I know you are a tough girl so you can pass all the challenges that will come into your life, even the hardest challenge. I wished for your happiness, my daughter"

"I..I just can't accept the fact that Cage will marrying someone else. Not me, Lucy" napasubsob na siya sa kaniyang mga palad at doon umiyak ng umiyak. Iniisip palang niya na may ibang mahal na si Cage ay parang mamamatay na siya.