Chapter 1

I walked down the train tracks listening for walkers and looking for a good tree to spend the night in. I heard a moan behind me and turned to see a walker like 3 inches away from me. I tripped it and stabbed it in the head and kept walking. For a 6 year old I was pretty used to this and felt no sympathy for the walkers. As I was thinking I didn't hear someone sneak up behind me. I heard a twig snap and spun around just as someone shot my side with an arrow. I dropped to the ground as they came closer with another arrow. "What? You gonna shoot me again?" I said sarcastically "oh god your alive?" The guy said. I looked down at myself then back up at him " well I'm pretty sure. And I'm hoping to keep it that way" I said looking at his cross bow. He lowered it. "How old are you?" He asked. "6" "you don't look 6" he said" well sorry I'm short" I shot back. He looked shocked. " your all alone?" He asked looking around. "Yup. Have been since the start of this." i replied. He still had the shocked look on his face. I got and and grabbed my bag. "Now if you don't mind I have to go." I started walking but tripped because I couldn't put much weight on my right side. I tried to get up again but the guy came and picked me up. "Hey put me down!" I said while struggling to get away.he put me down but held on to my arm "I'm trying to help you. I have a camp."I stopped struggling. "Like with people?" I said not believing there was enough people to have a camp. "Yup" he said. "Ok I'll come with you." He went to pick me up again" I can walk!" I said glaring at him. "Alright then" he replied."by the way I'm Daryl." He said. "I'm Terra." I replied. We started walking but I kept stumbling. I tripped and landed on my side that had the arrow in it. I felt tears starting to fall but I just wiped them away and got up and kept walking. Daryl stopped so I stopped too. "You ok?" I nodded. I felt more tears as my side was hurting. "Let me help you. Please." He said. He went to pick me up and I didn't resist. He picked me up easily, as I was barely as tall as a 4 year old. And carried me on his hip like a toddler. I was so tired and in pain that I didn't even care. After a little bit I actually fell asleep. When I woke up I saw a large prison in front of me. Daryl walked up to a large gate and some girl opened the gate "who's this?" She asked looking at me."Beth this is Terra" he said. Beth looked down at my side " oh my god! What happened?" She asked looking shocked. Almost instantly Daryl had a guilty look on his face "Daryl!" Beth yelled "I thought she was a walker!" He said in his defence. "You need to get her to Hershel." Beth said. "Ya I'm going" Daryl replied as he started walking to the prison. We walked in a small door to the side of the building "Hershel!" Daryl yelled when we got in.An older looking guy peeked his head out from one of the cells "yah?" He asked. When he saw me he came out very quickly. "What happened?" He asked. Daryl started talking but Hershel cut him off" never mind it can wait. Bring her over here." We walked to a cell that was set up almost like a hospital room. Daryl set me down on the bed and Hershel started looking at my side where the arrow was. "Well first we need to get the arrow out." He said. He took a knife off the table and cut the head of the arrow off. "Ok this is gonna hurt. A lot" he said grabbing the arrow. "Okay" I said, slightly shaking.