Chapter 21 (Ending Chapter)

Sorry i haven't updated in awhile. Life's just been a little hectic lately.

I looked at the door and wondered if it was worth it to sneak out and explore but decided it wasn't. I didn't want to ruin the Governor being nice to me. After a few hours later there was a large explosion. I ran to the window and looked out, there was a tank in front of the gates and the gate was destroyed. A man popped his head out of the tank and it was Rick. The front door flung open and i spun around. "Hide now" the governor demanded. I nodded and ran to the bedroom and went under the bed. "Stay there" he said and left again. I heard the lock click and crawled out from under the bed. I had two options, try and make it to Rick or stay here. I waited till i heard the front door shut again and ran to the window. I pushed it open and glanced around, trying to figure out a way out. It wasn't that high off the ground. I slowly climbed out and sat on the window sill. I looked over at the gate and saw Glenn, Daryl, Carl, and Maggie were here also. Just as i was about to jump i heard a sound behind me. "I told you to stay there!" The governor yelled. I jumped just before he could grab me. "Get back here!" He yelled. I hit the ground hard but shot up and started running. "Stop her!" The governor yelled to the guards by the gate. One tried to grab me but i ducked under his legs, being short had its advantages. I managed to make it past the guards and hid behind the nearest person who happened to be Daryl. "Give her back now or i will kill you all!" The governor yelled, acting like a madman. No one spoke for a moment. "I said now!" He screamed. "No! We are leaving! If you try and stop us we will kill everyone of you!" Rick yelled back. "Kill them all!" The governor screamed and pulled out his gun. Everyone else pulled out there guns and started shooting along with him. I dove under the tank and watched, wishing i had my gun. I glanced around, seeing if there was anything i could use as a weapon and saw a knife sitting on the ground. Someone must have dropped it. I reached out and grabbed it then crawled out from under the tank. I snuck around the fighting and was directly behind the governor hiding in a bush. I looked where his gun was pointed and it was right at Glenn. I took a deep breath. Now or never. I launched out from my hiding spot and stabbed the knife as hard as i could into his back just as he fired the gun. He dropped the gun and slowly fell onto his knees, turning around to looked at me, all the madness and anger seemed to fade from his eyes, replaced with regret. "Im sorry" he whispered then fell to the ground, dead. Seconds later the fighting stopped and someone yelled "The governor is dead! Retreat!" And they all ran back into the buildings. I turned around ran over to the group but stopped when i saw Glenn on the ground. "No!" i yelled, running over to him. "Im so sorry." he said. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Im sorry i wasn't fast enough" i said. "Im sorry you have to grow up like this. I should have protected you better. I failed." he replied then his eyes closed slowly. "Glenn!" i yelled, shaking him. I felt tears rushing down my cheeks. After a moment i felt someone pulling me away from his body. They turned me around and i heard a gun shot. Glenn was gone forever. Before anyone could say anything some military vehicles pulled up. Two trucks and a tank. Rick talked to them for a moment and then we all got in their truck. "We can't just leave his body there" i said, my voice cracking. "Theres nothing we can do." Daryl replied. I nodded. "We are taking you to Canada. Military from all over the world has cleared Canada of the infected and there is refugee camps set up all throughout the country. You will be safe there." One of the men said. If only Glenn could have lived a little longer. 

Thanks so much to everyone who has read my story and voted and commented!! I'm really sorry about the sad ending! I just couldn't think of any happy was to end this story. And I'm sorry i couldn't make it much longer. If people want I may make a sequel later on.