Chapter Thirteen

"Ross, I'm not liking the looks of this video we were sent." Corporal Baker said to his counterpart.

"Replay it, I wanna see it." Ross said as she sat beside him in their conference room in front of the computer. "Wilson, come over here." She told their other officer in the investigation. Wilson walked over to the group and sat in another chair, then Ross moved the lap top so they would all have a good view.

"Caleb, I swear to god, stop." Riley pleaded, as he pushed his body up against hers.

"No." Caleb said sternly. "You want this, I know you want this." He began planting kisses up along her neck, and tears started streaming down her face silently, as she looked over to the camera that Ryan was holding.

"I don't, please stop."

"We're only just getting started." Caleb moaned into her ear. Riley slid down the wall, trying to get away from him, but her wrists were pinned, and the pain was getting too much. She knew there would be bruises there in the morning.

"Help me." Riley whispered, as she continued to try and get out of his reach.

"Come on baby don't be like that."

"I'm not your baby, your baby is upstairs. Go fuck her if you're really that horny." Riley said, somehow confidently.

"Fine then, I'll film, Ryan you get in there." Caleb walked over to Ryan and took the camera, Ryan walking over to the poor girl.

"That's not what I meant!" Riley interjected.

"Well you meant something, bitch make up your mind!" Caleb yelled, scaring Riley.

"I don't want either of you, I want Auston!"

"Well you and your precious little boyfriend will be together soon enough, just give us what we want and you'll be fine." Ryan said as he started walking over to her, smirking as he went.

"I'm not some random hooker that you can just pick up and fuck whenever you feel like it. I'm a person, a person who you once loved, Caleb. Get that through your thick skull, this isn't how you treat someone. You respect them, and if they leave you, you respect their decision because that's what was better for them in their mind. Let them go." Riley said, still tears streaming down her face as she backed away and slid across the wall away from Ryan.

"That is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard." Ryan said as he went closer to her. With every step towards Riley he took, she took one in the opposite direction.

"Stop, I think I've heard enough." Ross said, getting out of her chair. "I think we need to talk to her family again."

"Is this including Auston, Mitchell, Emma, and Stephanie?" Wilson asked.

"Yes. Call them and bring them in immediately." Ross said as she walked out of the room. Riley's mom, dad, and close friends were at the station within 30 minutes, they all dropped everything and went as soon as they got the call. Her brother and sister were unable to come though.

"We got a video sent in, someone dropped off a DVD with a home video, of what seems like Caleb, and who we now know to be, Ryan, bluntly put, trying to have sex with Riley. The video was dated to be from yesterday. If we showed this video to anyone, would you maybe be able to tell us where it is? If it is Caleb's house or somewhere else?" Ross asked the group once they were all in the conference room.

"Mitch, Steph and I probably would." Emma answered.

"Ryan though? If it's the same Ryan as in high school that's kind of dangerous. He was the one everyone tried to stay away from, he scared us all and to be honest we all thought he could be a school shooter at some point. He always threatened to hurt everyone, including to shoot up the school, but once we were all done high school it didn't seem to be an issue I guess. Until now." Mitch told the officers.

"I remember Riley coming home some nights being absolutely terrified of this 'Ryan' kid. We've reported him countless times and nothing was ever done, but all of the kids in the school were scared, Mitch's right." Riley's mom, Kendra, said.

"Okay that's good, you can watch the video and make sure it really is the same Ryan, and if it is, we can ask more questions about that. Are any of you uncomfortable with watching this video?" Corporal Baker asked, Riley's parents both nodded and stood up, then following Baker out into the hallway. Wilson hit play on the computer and the four young adults watched. Steph had to look away, and eventually leave the room, she got too uncomfortable with seeing her best friend like that. Mitch reached over and hit the space bar, pausing the video.

"That's not Caleb's house, and that's definitely the same Ryan. He has that same evil grin, fake smile, and just off-putting voice." Mitch said, Emma nodding in agreement.

"Okay, but she said that Caleb's girlfriend was upstairs, does that mean that there are three people involved with this?" Auston asked, the officers nodded.

"For what we know as of right now, yes." Wilson answered.

"In the folder with the DVD, there was also a few polaroid pictures." Ross said, grabbing the large envelope, and then taking out the three polaroid photos of Riley, one from the last three days, including that morning.

"Can I see that?" Auston asked, reaching out his hand. Ross handed him the three photos, Mitch looking over his shoulder. Auston stared at the photos. "She looks so tired and drained and sad." Auston mumbled underneath his breath.

"Is there anything any of us can do to help and get this going faster, get her home faster?" Mitch asked. The officers shook their heads.

"Maybe just answering out questions, but that's about all you can do right now. But trust me, we will let you know if you can ever do anything." Ross told him.

"What are the questions?" Emma asked.

"What was Ryan's full name?" Ross asked.

"Ryan West." Emma answered.

"Do any of you know who Caleb's girlfriend could be? Was there any girl in high school that really didn't like Riley, or was jealous of her?" Wilson asked.

"Uhm there was a few, Riley was really popular in high school, everyone either loved her, or wanted her life. Do you want like a list?" Mitch asked shrugging, looking over to Emma.

"Yeah, that would be good. What are their names we can write them down and put them in a database, to try and figure out if any would have any correlation to either Ryan or Caleb."

"There was Olivia Bennett, Holly Caron, Grace Williams, Lyla Richards, Alexis Bell, and Lauren Davis really stick out to me." Mitch said. "They were always DM'ing me trying to take me away from Riley which was stupid because we were only friends." He added.

"Oh don't forget Brianna Olson, and Amy Miller, they hated Riley. But I can't think of anyone else other than that." Emma added. "Maybe Steph knows someone." She suggested. Wilson went into the hall to get Steph back into the room, while Ross finished writing down the names.

"Is there anyone from high school that you can think of who really hated or was really jealous of Riley?" Wilson asked as they walked into the room.

"Mainly Lyla Richards and Alison Scott. She ranted about them all the time and how the two always gave her dirty looks during class and somehow always seemed to be on her bad side." Steph said. "I don't know other than that, I'm older than them I wasn't in the same school for most of the time. Maybe a year with Riley but that was her grade nine and my grade 12."

"Okay, thank you to all of you, we'll put the names through our data and see if anything comes up, and we'll do some more research about Ryan too." Wilson said. Baker then came into the room with Riley's parents.

"This was just dropped off." He said handing another envelope to Ross. She turned away from the group and opened it up, the other two officers at either of her side, trying to block the view.

Did you like our video? You can have more if you'd like, we've been doing it to her for a while.

On a blank piece of paper, looks like it was written in blood.

The three officers ran out of the room, and towards the door, trying to see if there was anyone running away from the station.

All seemed normal.