12

Xander has chosen Morgan to be the his mate and Morgan immediately agreed to it. Xander became an Alpha and Morgan became the Luna. Axel did not say anything about his friend's decisions and followed all of Xander's demands without a word. 

But Axel's admiration for his friend was long gone. He did not want to be his beta but he also cannot disobey his Alpha's commands. It's been four months since the attack happened and when he lost her. Their pack is slowly recovering from the attack of their unknown enemy but another problem have arise. 

Ferals. They already had 3 cases and deaths. They've also heard from other packs that they also have cases of ferals, some were worse than them. 

Something is happening and they all know it, but they did not know what exactly was happening or going to happen.

"We have another one." Mitch who just barged in inside the house informed and Axel quickly got to his feet. "Take me to him." He said to Mitch who glared at him. "I need the Alpha." Mitch ignored him and looked for Xander who's not there. "He's not here." He said to him. "Take me to him." Mitch demanded which made Axel growled threateningly at him. "Watch it Mitch, you may be a friend but I will not tolerate you disrespecting me." He warned. Mitch's body stiffened as he felt the Beta's power at him.

"Let's go." Axel passed by him without looking at his direction. Mitch gritted his teeth in annoyance and followed Axel while glaring at his back. "I can feel your emotions Mitch." Axel warned once again. "Get out of my head Axel." Mitch snapped. "I'm not inside your head, It's your murderous aura that is everywhere." Axel said to him while also holding himself back from punishing his friend for disrespecting him. "You'll never be my beta Axel." Axel ignored Mitch's words for the sake of their friendship even though he knew it was long gone.

"Kill her." Axel commanded as soon as he saw the feral. He said it without an ounce of guilt before walking back to where he came from. 

Mitch obeyed the Beta's command but not Axel's words. 

Soon.. I'll be the Beta soon.. Mitch thought as Axel walk passed him.

Mitch always wanted to be the Beta and he thought that when Morgan became the Luna he'll have the position for himslelf but Xander still chose Axel even though he knew Axel's hatred to them. 

It was already 2 in the morning when Xander finally arrived "Where have you been in the past three days Xander?" Morgan demanded as soon as he entered the door. "Leave me alone." Xander said groggily as he staggered inside the pack house. "You're drunk." Morgan said but her words fell into deaf ears of Xander.  

"He was out looking for her again." Mitch stated from the corner as he watched his Alpha stagger towards the stairs. Morgan's eyes watered as she looked dow, her hands unconsciously rubbing her 2 months pregnant belly.

"I know." She said in a whisper. 

~~~~

Zakael was the first one to arrive at the old castle where they used to live. He immediately went to his old room and cleaned the centuries old dusty room. He thought that their home could use renovations and use the humans latest inventions in improving the palace. He was halfway done when he felt one of his siblings entering the barrier of the island. He looked over the window to see Illyzia slowly approaching the gates. His sister look up and waved at him which he returned with a nod. He almost shivered as he recalled his sister's psychopathic deeds in the past.

"Hello brother." He heard his sister's sweet voice inside his head and he can already picture her sickening sweet smile plastered on her bewitching face. 

"Illyzia." He replied curtly. Zakael and her never got along in the past but that changed when the youngest sibling was born. 

Illyzia was already inside the palace when the third one arrived. "It seems like I wasn't the first one to arrive." Both of them heard Shadow's voice and it was soon followed by a faint fit of giggles as the twins approached the barrier. The three of them flinched by Davvy's excited squeal when they entered the barrier and met Shadow. "Brother!!" Davvy ran up to Shadow and immediately jumped into his embrace. Sinnian on the other hand took his time in approaching his older brother but did not hide his happiness in seeing his brother after a long sleep. "Sinnian" Shadow gently put down his sister and opened his arms for Sinnian. 

Sinnian slowly approached him but did ignored his Shadow's open arms. He stood in front of him and smiled. "Blood" Sinnian said. "Ah.. I missed you too Sinnian." Shadow chuckled and gave him his wrist. From the corner of his eye he saw Davvy pouting at him. He gave him an awkward laugh and scratched the back of his head. "Illyzia's your favourite right?" He smiled down at his sister's upset face. "Hurry back to the castle she's waiting for you." He said trying to cheer her up. Davvy's face lit up almost in an instant and dashed towards the castle.

He was feeling lightheaded when he patted Sinnian's head "Sinnian, I've just woken up too. Don't take too much." He warned and Sinnian slowly looked up at him with an apologetic eyes. "Sorry." He said sheepishly and licked Shadow's wounds that's already closing up. "It's alright brother. You need our blood to continue fighting off the curse." Shadow said as he gently stroked his brothers head.

Davvy and Sinnian's was cursed when they turned 9, they've been stuck in a child's body and mind. And the curse was given to them by their own father when he turned into madman after losing their mother. Now, the twins need their blood to live. It was said to them that their youngest sibling can break the curse but she can only do it when she obtained her full power. Sadly, she died before she can do it but her soul continue to wander the earth. They knew that one day she return. So they waited but it took too long and they decided to be put into a eternal sleep only to be awaken when Daathe's power finally reached the earth. 

There are many complicated things in the past, too many unresolved problems that only Daathe's power can solve. 

It was after all, the power of Death.

"Brother!" Sinnian called him again to get his attention. Shadow blinked and smiled. "Let's go" He said and both of them walked together towards their home.

Everyone gathered at the drawing room deciding on what to do next. "Should I get the faeries?" Illyzia asked no one in particular as twirled her hair in her finger. She was lounging in one of the seats. "They've gone into hiding." Zakael who's sitting across from her informed as he watched the twins sitting happily at the top of the grand piano.

 Illyzia chucked and smiled. "Sinnian." She called the young one who's busy fumbling his twin's hair. Sinnian look at his sister excitedly "Want me to find them?" He asked with a giant smile. "I wanna find them too!" the other twin chirped. 

"That's not necessary." Shadow who's busy staring at the flames from the fireplace said. "They're near." 

"I miss drinking fey blood." Illyzia sighed and slowly bit her lip as she recalled the sweet taste of faeries. "Keep saying that and you won't be able to see them." Zakael warned. "You know they can hear everything from everywhere. I'm sure they're listening to us now." he added.

"Don't worry. I'll find them." Shadow assured everyone. 

"I am their king after all."