By your side

Kayla POV

It's been a week since our family announced our engagement, we're even invited to some events and some magazine interviews, and Alexys herself is been so busy and the fact that she's the head of their hospital now she's still performing a surgery but to those important and very hard surgeries only. She's been planning also to put a medical school after her project regarding about old people, she wanted to propose a new project regarding about medical school and offer a full scholarship to those who are passionate to become a doctor. Within a month we will becoming a married couple. She never lack of time to spend with me. She always surprised me by her presence. We also decided to build a new house, since our wedding will be in a month from now, we have been planning for the design of our own home, since Alexys wants to design it by herself and here we are right now in her penthouse, we were both talking to the engineer that we hired, we discussed everything that we wanted it to be. After that they bid their goodbyes and we were both left here alone.

After our intimate love making in her office room we have never been done it again, not that I've been thinking about it. Also I am still quiet nervous about it. What if I will be pregnant then? Not that I don't want but its like we never discussed about it.

"Babe?" she asked me, I look at her "y-yeah?" I asked. "I've been talking for about 5 minutes to you" she said frowning. "What's the problem babe?" she added. "Nothing" I told her. "Baaaaabe?" she asked. "Its just we never discussed about kids, I am just nervous" I told her honestly. "Are you pregnant?" she asked me. I shook my head "no, I am not" I answered her "just wondering" I added. "Babe, I would love to have kids, also there's nothing to be nervous about it" she told me while hugging me from behind. I nodded in agreement "stay for tonight?" she asked me, "is that how you want to get on my pants?" I teased her, "no babe, but if its effective, then why not?" she said grinning. "Shut up Anderson, I just want to cuddle" I told her which she just smiled at me. "Babe, I am just curious, did we hooked up before? During high school year?" she asked me which I was shocked obviously. "nope, you've been a great person and most of the girls in our school wanted you so badly even if you're that cold person" I told her. "Can't blame them, but I only wanted to be by your side" she said. "Good to know" I told her smiling. "But way back high school, we hate each other" I told her. "Then what happened then?" she asked curiously. "You and Sam become lovers but more like close friends, I don't know, then she cheated on you but you're okay about it, I can't really remember everything, you've been so good to everyone just don't want to hangout to a lot of people" I said she just nodded. "I remember that, but why I can't remember you?" she said desperately, "hey, its okay, you don't have to pressure yourself" I comforted her. "Bu--- she's really a pessimist sometimes. So I interrupted her with a kiss. Then I pulled away. "No buts okay? Lets eat dinner, I'm starving and after that we sleep, I wanted to cuddle you so badly" I said to her she just nodded. We ate our dinner then we decided to spend the whole night in her bedroom. Her bedroom is just like her. Books, paintings, and some papers also well she have a lot of x-rays scan photo here. I wonder it for what reason. "Hey babe, wait ahm sorry you're actually not allowed to touch that, its a confidential files" she said while observing me. I can feel, she's hiding something from me. "Are you dying?" I asked "what do you mean?" she asked. "You're hiding something" I said. She walks toward me and sigh heavily. "I'll tell you when the time comes and to answer your question, I am not dying. I'll always be by your side" she said. Why do I feel something is not okay, something wrong, and she's just trying to cheer me up. I nodded to her. I just stayed silent. "Come here, lets just sleep babe" she said while gesturing her to her bed. I lay down and she lay down right beside me. We stared to each other. "I love you so much babe" she said. "I love you too" I said. She wrap her arms around my waist bringing me closer to her. She then kissed my forehead. And she kissed me in the lips, I kissed her back and we pulled away. "A month from now you'll be Mrs. Anderson" she said, I blushed to her statement. "I can't wait babe" I said to her. "You know I love you right?" she asked me all of the sudden. "Yes, I know that" I answered her. We just stayed silent. "Good night my amazon" she said, I smiles at her. I misses her calling me that. "Good night" I told her. Then I closed my eyes. I can feel that she's still awake and keep on staring at me. But I am too tired to keep awake. Until I happened to be half asleep. "You don't know the effect you're doing on me Kayla" she whisper. I just listened to her pretending to be sleeping. I snuggle close to her. "I love you so much" she said. I am so happy. I finally decided to sleep when I feel that her sleeping already.

Alexys POV

I know that she's still awake that time so I pretended that I am sleeping already. When I heard her snoring, I giggle to myself. She's actually tired. I know, I've been hiding something to her. But I don't want to hurt. I don't want to see her sad. Its the last thing that I want to see on her face. Kayla, how I wished I still have some time. That file is all about my me.I decided to do my general check up earlier today because I've been having some severe headaches, dizziness, nausea and vomiting for the past few weeks, at first I thought its just I am too stressed or overwork or I eaten something bad. So I decided to have a check up. I just discovered earlier today that I have a brain aneurysm. Its an illness in brain, somehow it is not visible yet. But, now that I've been thinking about it, I am so worried on how can I start my family? I talked to my parents awhile ago, the moment that I find out about it I told them instantly. My mom is being brave enough so did my dad. I decided to have a surgery as soon as possible. But I also wanted to keep it hidden as it be. Only some of my trusted colleagues at work knows about this. My mom keep on asking me if why wouldn't I tell this to my future wife. I told them that its not even severe, but honestly even me I am so damn nervous about it. I decided to take a week off, my mom told me so.
So now, I've been trying to figure out the best treatment that I have to receive. I tried to search and read about it. Its not a surprise case to me but its because I am the one who's undergo on surgery. What if they failed? I know, I have some trust issues. But you can't blame me. I have a lot of ''but's'' in my life. Why do things suddenly gets worse whenever I become so happy? But mom told me, Kayla needs to know she is your future wife after all. I know I am selfish...but I love her...I have to make her happy, because her happiness is my own medication...I never felt this way before...Love? In other term it means zero value, or if you've been playing tennis if you got love score then you lose the game just like in your feelings, you need to unleash everything that you value about yourself until it comes to nothing, simply just because you're willing to lose everything for your love ones. You're willing to offer everything for their happiness. And I don't want to make her sad. I have to decide soon, as soon as possible. Our marriage is coming and after that I'll undergo to surgery, I might be selfish but I don't want her to feel disappointed. I'll make her happy each day. I'll treat her as my everything. She's my life. Kayla is the one who keeps my heart beating, and she's the only one that my brain thinks about each day. "I love you so much Kayla" I whisper to her, she's still goddess eventhough she's sleeping. "When you close your eyes, I'm by your side my amazon" I told her then sleep finally consumed me.

(Hey! Here's the 10th chaps guys. I know I know I am not actually good in sad stories but I tried to be. So now, this chapter is actually the beginning of sad part of my story, actually its triggered me to write this  because I remembered how my aunt's died so I guess it will actually suit. In life, we need to balance the sadness and the happiness; emotion is the weakest part of a person, because it is where her/his life being played on.) Okie dokie enjoy reading, don't worry I won't disappoint you all, its just a part of the story 🙂. Thank you for reading!!! Have a good day/night!