"But the power he holds, oh the power he holds Lady Rome," The man faced me now, "Is unfathomable."

"Get to the point," I sneered.

He gulped, "There's very few of us who want him on the throne and a lot of us who want you."

"Then you should've allowed for my coronation." I took a step forward, causing him to take a large one back.

"Whose to say we didn't. I told you." He started to shake his head, "Unfathomable power."

I sighed and moved away from him, rubbing my head as if that would alleviate any of the stress of this situation, "What do you want me to do about it? Kill him?"

He quickly shook his head, his hands raising as he neared me. "Of course not, not you."

"Then who?"

His eyes hardened, but his lips turned upwards. "There's a rebellion brewing in the council, it's hard to say who will."

"You know talk like this could get us impaled?" I crossed my arms.

He chuckled, "Lady Rome, it won't be us getting impaled."

I bit my lip, "How many of you are there?"

"More than what is needed, don't fret." He took my hand in his and I could see Zeke from the corner of my eye growing tense.

He held my hand as we began walking to the throne, my features turned downcast as I took in the throne again.

With its sparkling stones, glistening gems, shining gold. 

I made it to the steps and hiked my dress up as I took each of the steps.

The man stopped short of the throne and gestured for me to sit, I glanced back at Valentine and Zeke who both looked at me with a sense of pride in their features.

I sat down, letting go of the man's hand.

"Queen Rome," He said and I shut my eyes, "Sounds lovely doesn't it?"

I laughed, "It does."

"He has a thing against female rulers, safe to say it hurts his pride to see someone of the different sex having more or even the same amount of power he has."

"He won't have to worry," I interrupted. "If he doesn't want me as Queen, then I'll be a King."

♦♦♦

Zeke and I walked back to my room, a permanent flush on his cheeks every time I reached for his hand.

"You look adorable when you blush," I told him, a sly smile on my face.

He let out a wry laugh, "It's not a blush, it's a..." the gears in his head started shifting as he searched for a word. "You just catch me off guard a lot, okay!"

I cooed at him as I tightened my grip on his hand.

"A-Ahem."

I tore my gaze away from Zeke and to the two guards who were positioned in front of my room, I let go of his hand as I noticed that my door was open.

"The hell were you both doing in my room," I said slowly.

The man gulped, I could tell he feared me. 

"By order of the king, you are to leave this room, this castle and these grounds."

I gasped as the guard kept talking.

"Failure to do so will result in, Lady Rome, and Mr. Morris, spending the night in the castle tower as punishment for trying to disobey the king."

I stepped closer and I noticed him grow stiffer.